Upstate NY Babies
Options

Live in Rochester, exploring daycare options

Hi,

Our son will be 3 in April and I am due in August. I will stay home until February (as that is all I can afford to do) and will have to send them off to daycare. Currently my son is in an at-home daycare and it is very nice and clean, etc. but he needs more interaction than being in a house all day with 2 other children. Also, the provider takes advantage of us on many levels by calling in sick, taking "vacation" days, breaking the NYS rules that she claims to follow... so that situation will need to change. We live in Fairport and both work in opposite directions so the daycare has to be in Fairport. I have looked at Goddard School (too far and opens at 7--too late for the distance) Kindercare (loved the director but felt the baby room was very dirty) Childtime (so expensive I was shocked and didn't trust that she couldn't give me a price list--and smelled so much like urine...also didn't get a straight answer about the education level of the providers and again, the baby room was not the cleanest in my opinion) ahhhhhhh, I am running out of options, huh?

I just figured I would throw it out there and who knows, maybe one of you have a solution I have not thought about!

Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Live in Rochester, exploring daycare options

• Options
    I'm not sure where in Fairport you are, but my friend used Crayon Campus in Bushnells Basin before she started staying home. She said it was the only place she trusted 100% and her son loved it! (He was there from 4 months to almost 2 yrs old). I remember her saying it was pricey but worth it for peace of mind. Good luck, I hope you can find something that works for you and your LOs!
  • Options
    We really liked Bates-RIch.  They have locations in Fairport and Brighton.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"