Blended Families

Question for a friend regarding possible abuse.

A friend of mine is a nurse (so therefore a mandated reporter). Her 8yo SD recently told her that BM hits her. Spankings happen, yes, but SD said her mom shoves her head and slaps her face for reasons unclear to the girl. SD brought it up, so this definitely wasn't something that was drawn out of her. Friend, DH, and BM have a fairly amicable relationship, so Friend is afraid to make waves.

Any advice for her? She is supposed to call CPS regardless, but should she take anything into consideration? Should they consult a lawyer? Talk to BM (or would that make it worse for SD)?

SD is friends with my SD. She's not a manipulator. She doesn't just bring up drama to see what happens, so Friend and I believe her.

Any tips at all would be appreciated.

Re: Question for a friend regarding possible abuse.

• I would report it to CPS as well as talking to their lawyer about possible emergency motion for change of custody. If there are any marks or bruising, take pictures.

And just as a PSA in some states (like Texas) everyone is a mandated reporter, not just teachers, social workers, nurses, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • ZOMG, Red! I'm so sorry to hear that you're friend is going through this. I def agree with PP.

BTW, how are you doing? The last I read of your updates was right before I went in to have Maddie. I hope you and the fam are fabulous!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageantosh2008:

ZOMG, Red! I'm so sorry to hear that you're friend is going through this. I def agree with PP.

BTW, how are you doing? The last I read of your updates was right before I went in to have Maddie. I hope you and the fam are fabulous!

Hey! Congrats are in order for you I see!

The fam is doing great. We just keep truckin through life. The kids are doing great in school and Darby has started walking and talking. Life is a blast! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"