Adoption
Options

I may have a baby in a few days, may not

I have not been on the board for the past week because I am so highly emotional that I thought I should keep it  to myself.  I was matched about 2 weeks ago and am SO excited....yet I am trying to keep my emotions in check knowing that the mom can change her mind at any point.  I thought the adoption process had always been a roller coaster, but I had no idea how much crazier the ride could get after being matched.  I just spent the past 2 weeks either dancing around my house for joy (when things looked good) or sobbing, throwing up, etc when things looked bad.  Is it just me, or is this the most unbelievably difficult, painful, tearful, emotional thing to experience? 

I hope to bring good news to the board next week.  If not, I'll need a lot of support instead.  Thanks everyone!

Re: I may have a baby in a few days, may not

• Options

I've had the same feelings. We were matched 2.5 weeks ago, and although the situation looks really good, I can't keep thinking of things turning bad for us. I've been telling all my friends that being matched has caused more stress and anxiety than waiting.

Good luck to you and I hope you are holding your baby very soon!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck!!
    *Tef*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Starbuck,

I am in exactly the same place-- my E-mom is due 12 February.  You are definitely not alone in what you are feeling. I don't think I've ever been this stressed about anything in my life.  To complicate matters, the adoption is going to take place in Minnesota where there is a 10d rather than 48h decision period here in Tx, so I have nearly a month to wait to see if things are going to go through...  I've been feeling this weird anger with my husband...he is as cool as a cucumber and keeps saying "things will go through or they won't"  I don't think he understands how badly I want this...  I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Please PM me if you need to talk.

Megan

33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
  • Options
    I hope you both are holding your babies soon! 
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Options
    ((HUGS)) were here for you no matter what! but i pray its for us to celebrate with you!!! hang in there!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm really hoping good things for you!
  • Options

I hope the match brings amazing joy for you soon.

But yes I have experienced all of those feelings (with mult matches). it's a crazy ride.

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options

Good luck! I hope you are holding your child very soon!! It is definitely the most emotional ride I have ever taken.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"