Baby Showers
Options

Just thinking ahead.

probably too far ahead! Here in Oregon July-September is full blown wedding season and it seems like every Saturday is booked with weddings. I'm in a wedding in July and I due September 27. Just thinking I better pick a few Saturdays now and plan accordingly. I definitely won't be planning or asking anyone to plan for a long time, but having dates in mind would be good. Is it common to have a baby shower around 31 or 32 weeks?
BabyFetus Ticker Baby G

Re: Just thinking ahead.

• Options
    I think that timeframe is pretty common. I've gone to quite a few showers that were Sunday afternoon, which I much prefer to Saturdays!
  • Options

Agree with the PP.  Doesn't have to be a Saturday night occasion.  

We had mine over MLK weekend because many of my guests and I traveled to be there.  Saturday night was my Aunt's bday party with one whole side of my fam, then Sunday afternoon - lunchtime - was my shower.   It worked out perfectly because everyone could go to both events. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow...you have plenty of time to figure this stuff out.  Let the pee dry on the test before you start the guest list, eh?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    Yes, a shower around 31-32 weeks is acceptable.  Having a date in mind might not be a bad idea if someone volunteers to throw a shower for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"