Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

The strongest mothers...

I always say... The strongest mothers out there are the ones who have lost a child or have a special needs child. It must take a lot of strength to overcome a death of a child (m/c, still birth, pre-nate, etc) and a lot of strength to take care of a special needs child. My respect goes beyond words for the women who have had these moments in life.

Re: The strongest mothers...

• Options
    Thank you for the post.  It took some confidence to stay positive and TTC again after my first two miscarriages.  And I still do not know how I got through my 3rd pregnancy with a red bleeding episode in the first trimester only to have a preemie who spent 35 days in the hospital--all I could do was just go to the hospital every day for 35 days (and then laugh hysterically when the insurance got billed for his hospital stay--thank goodness for the government programs that helped us through that time).  When I look at my son, I just smile.  He is very special, and I am very blessed. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options

imageLishba0909:
    I always say... The strongest mothers out there are the ones who have lost a child or have a special needs child. It must take a lot of strength to overcome a death of a child (m/c, still birth, pre-nate, etc) and a lot of strength to take care of a special needs child. My respect goes beyond words for the women who have had these moments in life.

So true!  Thank you for this post.  I needed to see this on a day I am feeling so sad.

Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your welcome. I just wanted to let everyone know willing to read this that although you may not feel strong at this point, some people won't experience this kind of sadness or tough time in life, and those who do, well, you are amazing for waking up everyday and doing what you do. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"