Babies on the Brain

AW: My SIL is going to have a kick-ass shower.

I read too many blogs, but for once it's actually coming in handy.

I found several blogs that did little boy's birthday parties with a "Little Man" theme, with mustaches and ties as decor ideas. Welll, I sorta stole that idea and ran with it. 

Invites (The Etsy seller reworked them to say "A Little Man is On His Way!" and then put in the shower info.)

"Mug-staches"

image (Found a tutorial for these online, picked up the paint and mugs for cheap and I'm making them this week, filling with homemade cocoa mix and homemade marshmallows)

Mustache cupcakes:

image (I got aqua cupcake wrappers and some orange ribbon for these)

Finger-stache tattoos:

Necktie napkins:

"Welcome Little Man" Banner like this:

And tie onesies! (Found a tutorial on a blog to make them and I got the stuff to make one in several sizes)

I made some water bottle wraps that are aqua and orange polka dots w/ a mustache printed on them, and we're serving "man food" (loaded baked potato bar w/ a lot of different toppings, Italian chopped salad)

Now I just have to put it all together and make everything!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AW: My SIL is going to have a kick-ass shower.

• Oh my God, Woman you are AMAZING!

That is awesome, she will love it so much!!! You are fantastic!! 

• imageExcitedtostart:

Oh my God, Woman you are AMAZING!

That is awesome, she will love it so much!!! You are fantastic!! 

LMAO. She got her invite in the mail today and called me in tears because she thought it was cute. I was dying laughing (because she was laughing at the fact that she was crying over a shower invite) right in the middle of the fabric store. 

• Loading the player...
  • Holy shiit that is amazing.
  • That is an awesome idea!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • So um... where'd you find those 'stache finger tattoo things?  You know, just for purely hypothetical reasons.  It's not like I'm planning on having one on my finger at all times or anything. 

::looks around sheepishly::

• imageleslie13510:

So um... where'd you find those 'stache finger tattoo things?  You know, just for purely hypothetical reasons.  It's not like I'm planning on having one on my finger at all times or anything. 

Tie napkins and finger 'stache tattoos are from www.stupid.com. :)

• imageMrs_Liberto:
    imageleslie13510:

So um... where'd you find those 'stache finger tattoo things?  You know, just for purely hypothetical reasons.  It's not like I'm planning on having one on my finger at all times or anything. 

Tie napkins and finger 'stache tattoos are from www.stupid.com. :)

::dies::

Of course they come from a site called stupid.com.  Pure awesome.

• Amazing!  Filing this away for the future!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is Freaking Awesome!! I want a shower that cool!
  • Seriously, I abhor showers but be warned... if phantom phetus ever comes to fruition and is of the male variety... this idea will be stolen.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • imageMandyBrownNoser:
    Seriously, I abhor showers but be warned... if phantom phetus ever comes to fruition and is of the male variety... this idea will be stolen.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me help throw your phantom phetus shower! It would be a blast. :)

I need more parties to plan...it's like my favorite hobby EVAR. 

(I abhor baby showers too...I figured that by throwing it, I'd have more control over the vomit-inducing cute bunnies and rubber ducks overload that arguably consumes every shower thrown south of the Mason Dixon. Ties and mustaches and man food I can handle. Baby Pooh and pastel baby blocks, not so much)

• Ok, that is all just too cute.

I don't suppose you want to come to Texas and throw me a shower?  I don't really need one and I don't want gifts, I just want the cute shower.

• That is awesome!
  • Um, OMG, I'm stealing this for DS's birthday. Genius.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Delurking because this is the best shower plan I have ever seen!  You are an awesome SIL.
  • I hope you dont mind but i want to steal this for DS's first birthday! This is amazing. Thank you for sharing!
  • imagegiaM28:
    I hope you dont mind but i want to steal this for DS's first birthday! This is amazing. Thank you for sharing!

Steal away!

And please please please use the Etsy seller that I got the invites from. She was AMAZING. I ordered them at 6pm on a Tuesday night, had the proof in my email inbox by 7am Wednesday morning, and she responded at 10am that they had been sent Priority Mail. I got them on Friday. Super fast turnaround, super cute invites. And not a bad price, either. 

• imageMrs_Liberto:

imagegiaM28:
    I hope you dont mind but i want to steal this for DS's first birthday! This is amazing. Thank you for sharing!

Steal away!

And please please please use the Etsy seller that I got the invites from. She was AMAZING. I ordered them at 6pm on a Tuesday night, had the proof in my email inbox by 7am Wednesday morning, and she responded at 10am that they had been sent Priority Mail. I got them on Friday. Super fast turnaround, super cute invites. And not a bad price, either. 

ill take a look! Ive been making a lot of stuff lately on the cricut so depending on how many i need i may just make them myself.

I just found this: i think it would be a cute gift for your soon to be nephew

https://handsomehoward.com/baby.html

• whats the etsy link?

yes i am a freak and i just started an Excel spread sheet for his party....in August. Big Smile

• imagegiaM28:

whats the etsy link?

yes i am a freak and i just started an Excel spread sheet for his party....in August. Big Smile

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PARTYBOXDESIGN

That onesie is adorable and I bet I could make it! I have a template and a zillion white onesies and fabric paint already.

OMG Gia, you're a bad influence. 

• imageMrs_Liberto:
    imagegiaM28:

whats the etsy link?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PARTYBOXDESIGN

That onesie is adorable and I bet I could make it! I have a template and a zillion white onesies and fabric paint already.

OMG Gia, you're a bad influence. 

oh you should see what ive found so far....

Im planning my sons 1st birthday party and hes not even 6 months old yet and I'M the bad infuence?!?! Stick out tongue

• OMG, I love this.  I might steal it for Ben's first birthday, too.
  • I might steal this for their second bday.  I love it. 
  • Now look whatcha did. All these girls are gonna steal your idea before I can since I have to wait till November to do it. :P

*Can't wait to have a onesie to show off on my little model.  Too bad I told you I wanted size 6-9 and will have to wait 3 months for that too LOL

*edited cause I worded it backward

TTC #1 - Cycle 29 - BFP!! 03/05/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Blog BFP Chart Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"