Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Sophie the Giraffe

So, no one mentioned that she squeaks. I don't know how I didn't realize this or read it somewhere. Our Sophie just came in the mail this morning and DD already loves it. But our dog is going NUTS every time it squeaks! It's hilarious, but I'm a little afraid that he's doing to snatch it up thinking it's one of his squeaky toys.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sophie the Giraffe

• Options
    I just discovered this myself - surprise!! DD loves it, dog doesn't care.  Maybe put her up when not in use?

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Options

Our dog was CRAZY trying to get Sophie for a long time, but now she knows that it's the baby's toy and doesn't even go for it when it falls on the floor.  Definitely required lots of giraffe guarding in the early days though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, we didn't realize that either!  And we have a dog that's a fanatic for squeek toys.  We had actually bought two because I was going to give one away to one of my many pregnant friends if DS seemed to really enjoy it.  Well we tried to get the squeeker out of one of them and ended up ruining it and had to throw it out (I was happy we had the 2nd one!)  Now we just make sure the dogs are outside when DS is playing with Sophie. 
    Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bought Sophie for my son... and he doesn't care for it at all... my 4 year  old likes it more ... ugh
  • Options
    The good thing is, my dog doesn't really go for plastic toys. He's a stuffed sqeaky toy kinda guy. So I'm pretty sure that he'll ignore it once he realizes that it's plastic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we have 3 dogs [100+ lbs.] and i was worried about the same thing. luckily, they have come to realize that sophie is not theirs and i think they're even afraid to take her toys because they know they aren't for dogs. give it a little time and hopefully your dog will do the same.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageuptonogood:
    The good thing is, my dog doesn't really go for plastic toys. He's a stuffed sqeaky toy kinda guy. So I'm pretty sure that he'll ignore it once he realizes that it's plastic.
    it's actually made of rubber so i wonder if the scent will make him like it more? i read something about how the natural rubber scent is one of the things that babies love about it.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Same here!  We just got it last night and the dog was going crazy.  He took it once but he's usually really good about not touching the baby stuff so I'm hoping we can train him.

• Options
    Our dog is DYING to have her own Sophie....Sophie is carefully watched in this house! :)
  • Options
    Haha...our dog drools at the mouth at Sophie..but she knows to stay away. Stick out tongue
  • Options
    I got ours in the mail last night also. I didnt know it did that! I may not have bought it because my dog gets really teritorial over his toys!
  • Options
    Love Sophie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"