Special Needs

I'm eeking out the last bit of energy I have and a therapy question (counseling)

while I wait for DH to come home.

I put LO in the swing, I just cannot take it anymore today.

The physiatrist increased LO's baclofen dosage and of course we were out of state at a funeral and I completely forgot it would run out twice as fast.

Last night while I was grocery shopping DH calls to tell me we're out of Baclofen.

It was a long night.  He was up every 1.5 hrs and today he has just been so fussy.  Literally will be happy in my lap and then screaming in my ear.  On top of the disaster that our house is right now (Picture 30 relatives who have never met LO and all their belated christmas gifts, on top of all our stuff throwing up in our living room and kitchen).  I got the the pharmacy and they said it may be ready today (they have to compound it) but they close in 30 minutes and I'm highly doubting it especially since it's a 20 minute drive.

So adding to my exhaustion and frustration is knowing that tonight is going to be just as long as last night. 

DH and I have our first counseling session tomorrow?  Has anyone else been?  Our marriage is "suffering" however it's nothing we won't get through we have our ups and downs like everyone else.  However we're both handling LO completely different (he's depressed I have anxiety) and we need help getting to the same page.  I'm really nervous/anxious (like usual) about telling someone our story and getting an outsider's view.  I'm also very scared that they're going to mock our faith (DH and I are very conservative Christians, our faith is the basis of our lives).  I have such a "tv view" of therapy.

ETA:  THEY CALLED WHILE I WAS TYPING THIS!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: I'm eeking out the last bit of energy I have and a therapy question (counseling)

• ((hugs)) I am glad you are getting help for your marriage and working towards moving in the right direction! I think that any married couple, regardless of if you have SN children or not, could use a "check up" every now and again.

Are the counselors you are going to see secular or faith based? DH and I did some biblical marriage counseling a couple of months ago and it was great. It was very important for us as Christians to have a counselor who would understand our world view and the lense in which we view everything. Christianity for us isnt just a religion it completely encompasses how we live our lives, the decisions we make, our reactions to things, etc. We wanted someone to give us suggestions based on what the Bible said not just opinion of what they thought was correct. (this is all our personal opinon so if thats not how you feel than no worries Smile). I would try out your counselor and see how the fit is. I am also a professional secular counselor (well was before I became a SAHM) and will say that it would be HIGHLY unprofessional of your counselor to speak poorly of and/or have any outside criticism of your religious views. Professionally speaking they should take your faith into special consideration if it is a big part of your life and marriage.

All of the counselors at our church are NANC certified and I would highly recommend any NANC certified counselor. Maybe this website would be able to give you some suggestions of a faith-based counselor in your area. In most cases this counseling is also free of charge which is an extra perk!

https://www.nanc.org/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"