Pregnant after 35
Options

Why do people do this?

I callled my husband today and he was telling me some sad story he read on CNN about a mother being on Facebook while her 13 month old baby was unattended in the bathtub.  She checked in on him after about 10 minutes and was fine and she went back to her Facebook activities and then came back and he was dead. 

Why do people do such stupid things.  That poor child.  So was her Facebook time worth the life of her child?  10 minutes unattended????????...you aren't supposed to leave a child for a second alone unattended in the bathtub!

Re: Why do people do this?

• Options

bottom line:  Common sense is no longer common.  I hear stories of "why'd they do THAT" so often anymore, it's tragic. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

OMG.. That is just so, so sad...I can't imagine leaving my daughter in the tub by herself... I don't let go of her even when I'm in the bathroom with her..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a 14 month old and I can tell you they are in NO way stable enough to be alone in water! Mine gives me a heart attack every time we are in the tub together b/c she's constantly trying to stand up, falling and I can very obviously see she would have no ability to get her head above water again. How sad.  
  • Options
    That is horrible, dang, unattended in a bath tub?  Gees, whats wrong with people...
  • Options
    That is so sad. I have an 11 year old and a 4 year old that I still check on in the middle of the night to make sure they are breathing Embarrassed I tend to be on the over protective side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"