North Carolina Babies
Options

Flying with LO: What to take on the plane

It's only an 1.5 hour flight. What should I make sure to have on the plane?

Bottle (either pumped milk, or formula, I'd rather not NIP)

Diapers

Wipes

Changing pad

Toys

Extra set of clothes

Burp cloth or blanket

Anything else? Any tips? TIA.

ETA: It's in May, so Sydney will be 8.5 months old.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flying with LO: What to take on the plane

• Options

We used bottled during takeoff to soothe baby.  She refused her pacifier.

A board book or picture book.

A few plastic bags or a wet bag for dirty/wet items.

If you are holding baby, will baby blanket enough to support your arm from the armrest and cover baby.  My arm was rather sore with wt of 3 mth old after few hrs. I had enough blanket to cover baby but not enough to make pillow for her head against window wall and support my arm.

Snacks for you and baby if baby is having solids.

• Options

We took a 1.5 hr flight with Holly when she was about 10 mos old. We fed her a bottle during takeoff, and that helped with the ear pressure, as did her paci. I would also suggest maybe some puffs of cheerios (if you're doing those then), some toys & books. Otherwise, I think you've got it covered!

Holly ended up sleeping on me almost the whole way down, and back, so we lucked out!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    keep drink, snack, 1-2 toys and a diaper within arms reach and the rest [handful of diapers, more food, etc] can go in the overhead bin. keep the bag under the seat light, easy to get to and easy to find things and grab them out. keep the rollerboard bag stocked with the backup items of more food, change of clothes, etc.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options

oh and because i'm beyond OCD sometimes, I created a spreadsheet for packing for Katie and I. It's got different tabs on the bottom and I've specified how old she was [12, 18, etc], what time of year it was [winter, summer] and whether we were flying or driving. Now when we get ready for our next trip, I can grab details from previous trips that were similar [we fly during the summer]. I also added columns for "it needs to go with us" such as in one of the two carry on bags [roller or under the seat] and whether it could be packed.

It was also helpful at the end of our trip to make sure we had packed everything back up so we weren't leaving anything.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ahwz7A0O21NZdHJON0ZPOWh4SzZYRG9DSkFyNnNBMlE&hl=en&authkey=CMuArvQN

Hope it helps.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"