Georgia Babies
Options

Possible hearing loss

In June, Ava had tubes placed. She has done fabulous and only been sick one time since then and it was not ear related. At her post-op visit she failed her hearing test (the one they get as newborns). They seemed to think it was b/c they could not get a good seal (she was moving around a lot) and since she passed her newborn hearing screen in the hospital that there really was nothing to be too concerned about until they could retest her. Fast forward 6 months, today we had a routine follow up visit. She had the same hearing test and sat perfectly still. The results showed that she had perfect hearing in her left ear but she did not pass the right ear. We have another appointment on February 9 with the audiologist for a more in-depth test. I am really upset but also confused. She has done great (in my opinion) with language and even sings most of her ABC's but that is not to say there is not some hearing loss.  If you could spare some P&T that she passes this next test I would really appreciate it!  

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Possible hearing loss

• Options
    My thoughts and prayers to little Ava! I hope all goes will with her next test.
    Follow Me on Twitter!!
    this wife bakes.

One of my favorite cakes ever! I had a blast making this..all handmade with buttercream suds!!!!
  • Options
    Thinking of you guys!  Thoughts and prayers for Ava's next test.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sending good thoughts for Ava's next test!   I hope she passes with flying colors!

Can you tell me what kind of hearing tests she has had?  I didn't think they would do regular hearing tests on children under age 5.  Jack has to have one on Feb 10 at Scottish Rite, but they said he would have to be sedated for 2 hours.  I think it's called ABR testing. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She had a couple of different ones.  She has had the one that they do when babies are newborn in the hospital.  I don't know the name of it.  She has also had one where she is in a booth and they play different sounds at different levels.  This one is to see if she turns her head in the direction of the sound.  I am not sure what test she will have done at our next visit but they did not mention anything about sedation.  
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers to you.  Best of luck to little Ava.
  • Options
    Hope that all goes well!
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    Hope everything goes well!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Sending out tons of prayers for Ava.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    :(  Thoughtts & prayers that the next test will go well!
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"