Two Under 2

Mother/son vacation before 2nd child - advice needed

So my DH runs a hunting business out of state so he's spent a lot of weeks away this year and isn't able to take more time for a vacation.  My son is 11 months - he'll be 16 1/2 months when our next baby comes. I stay at home and am adjusting to this new life as I've always been career oriented.

I know vacatons will be hard to come by with 2 little ones under 2.  I would looove to get away before I hit my 3rd tri.  Is it is a bad idea to take a vacation by myself with my son who will be almost 14 months old at the time? 

I'd go to a nice hotel on a tropical beach near activity so we can just stroll around and hang on the beach.  I've vacationed solo before so I'm not intimidated by being alone. 

Ladies what are the cons?  Am I crazy to do this or would you if you had the chance?

Re: Mother/son vacation before 2nd child - advice needed

• Sounds like a blast!

As long as you have a "normal" pregnancy and your OB clears you to go, I think it would be a fun time for you and DS to share together before the baby is born.

• I would love to do the same thing, but I'm getting too far along in my pregnancy now.

I see you're in NJ too- this weather is making me nuts.

I think you should go. I would just set an expectation to stay at the hotel most of the time (in the room, at the pool, or on the beach). If you don't expect much you'll feel like the trip was successful and get some sun and warm weather!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMr.&MrsS:

Sounds like a blast!

As long as you have a "normal" pregnancy and your OB clears you to go, I think it would be a fun time for you and DS to share together before the baby is born.

My thoughts exactly :) I'm already feeling tugs on my heartstrings about my little Henry have to share the spotlight.  We'll never get this special time back where it is just us.  

• imagemayowife:

I would love to do the same thing, but I'm getting too far along in my pregnancy now.

I see you're in NJ too- this weather is making me nuts.

I think you should go. I would just set an expectation to stay at the hotel most of the time (in the room, at the pool, or on the beach). If you don't expect much you'll feel like the trip was successful and get some sun and warm weather!

That would be my plan. Just lay low and enjoy being catered to.  I'm so excited to experience the ocean with DS and I know we'll never get to the beach this summer with a newborn at home.

NJ too?  This is the winter of all winters!  Lovin the snow but sooo tired of being  cooped up. 

I'm going to start planning!  Just have to clear it with my doctor next week...Thanks for your supportive feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"