D.C. Area Babies

Colorado for vacation...looking for ideas

DH has a colleague who has a cabin that is 90 min west of Denver that we can use for FREE this summer:)  When we go DD#1 will be almost 5 and DD#2 will be 18 months and I'm trying to figure out what kinds of activities will be the most fun for everyone.  Of course we'll do some hiking, but things like white water rafting or other more active things are out of the question.  Anyone on here from CO or have experience vacationing with little ones there?  Any suggestions or ideas welcome!

TIA!

Re: Colorado for vacation...looking for ideas

• Will you be near any of the ski resorts? If so, they have tons of summer activities for adults and kids. We were there two summers ago (DD was really small) but you can ride the gondolas up and hike down, there is sailing on the lake near Breckenridge, there is train that goes near Winter Park. There is a great botanic garden in Denver too.

Let me know the general area you will be in and I can give you some more ideas :-) I went to school out there!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That sounds like fun!!  We will be just north of Brenkenridge and north and east of Vail, so those sound like great options!  Keep the ideas coming:)

• Loading the player...
  • my college roommate lives near Vail and she mentioned 4 Eagle Ranch to us as having fun activities during the summer but DD was way too young.

Also, the resort of Vail has lots of summer activities for families. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have fun in Colorado! DH went there for grad school and I worked there for 2 1/2 years and loved it...

Anyway, I never lived there with kids but I think the mountains are a great place to visit in the summer. The temps are reasonable and the scenery is gorgeous. Nothing specific to recommend except I loved going to Silverthorne for the J.Crew outlet. That probably does not help at all!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"