Baby Showers

Question about registering for a baby shower

My Mom is throwing me a shower with just family in my hometown, and I registered accordingly at Target and BRU because that was what they were close to.  Yesterday, a friend of mine and my IL's asked to do another shower closer to where they live and most of our friends are located, a few hrs away.  Out of the 15ish people we're inviting, only about 5 are close to a BRU, and most of these friends shop frequently via Amazon.  In order for it to be easier on them, I thought about deleting some things at my other registries and putting them on Amazon.  Will registering at 3 places will seem too gift grabby?  Should I just keep my previous registries and not worry about it?

I really want to do whatever is easiest for my guests in the most appropriate manner possible.  TIA for your opinions/suggestions!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: Question about registering for a baby shower

• If your friends frequently shop at Amazon, they probably wouldn't have a problem shopping online at BRU or Target.  But, Amazon might be cheaper and often offter free shipping.  if you don't want to seem gift grabby with two registries, mention the BRU and Target registry on your family shower invitations and mention Target and Amazon on your other shower invitations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You can now add items from outside websites to your Amazon wish list.  I wouldn't delete anything from either registry.  If you get multiples, just exchange it for something else you need/want.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think it would seem gift grabby...but it might get a little complicated.

My suggestion would be to just keep your registries as is on BRU and Target. Luckily, a lot of the items are likely available online at those websites, and someone could also research what you registered for and then purchase it elsewhere (i.e. Amazon). Maybe the registry information could say registered at: Target (www.target.com) and Babies R' Us (www.babiesrus.com) so that they know they have that online option.

Obviously the people that are near the second shower are online savvy and will be able to purchase the items just as easily from those websites as they would Amazon.

• You should make an account at MyRegistry.com. That way it's just ONE registry, but you can have items on there from all your favorite stores. Amazon, Giggle, Target, etc. It's really nice to have everything in one place and only need to give out one registry to your friends and family - but have unlimited choices when it comes to stores. 

My sister is pregnant right now (I'm going to be an auntie - yay) and she's doing this. She did it for her wedding too (and I am as well) and it worked out really well. 

• If they're going to order it anyway, they can order most things from BRU and Target. Target has free shipping for most things over $50 so far.  

Also - Most people at my shower did not buy from my registry.  So I wouldn't worry that much about it.  They will pick out cute toys, books, and clothes from wherever they like to shop.

• My husband and I had the same problem because we wanted to register at Target and Babies R Us. We stumbled accross Myregistry.com and thought it was perfect for us because you can add items from multiple stores. This made everything easier for our guests since everything was located in one place. We had a lot of fun using this registry and thought it was super easy. Good luck!

• imagevans or violets:
    You can now add items from outside websites to your Amazon wish list.  I wouldn't delete anything from either registry.  If you get multiples, just exchange it for something else you need/want.

This...

I have three registries, but I'm only including 1-2 of them on each invite, depending on which store they are closest to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"