Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby refusing bottles

I went back to work part time this week and I work 3:30-7 so I am only gone 4 hours, but my LO, 3 months, has refused the bottle every night! Even though she normally nursed 1 (sometimes 2) times in that time frame. DH says she will get mad at the bottle (she pushes it with her tongue, she also never takes a paci) even though she has taken it a few times before Christmas when she was tinier. I feel so bad for her! But DH says she isn't crying hysterically or anything, he just can't put her down he has to hold her and she is pretty good. And like I said, I am home within 4 hours of feeding her last so hopefully she isn't super hungry but I wish she would take the bottle! Anyone else go through this? Any ideas on how to get her to take it? We have already tried a variety of bottles and nipples...

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

Re: Baby refusing bottles

• Options
    Honestly she might never take a bottle. My kid refuses all bottles and pacifiers. My pediatrician and I had a long talk about this last month, her son wouldnt eat at daycare at all (and he was there all day) when she got home with him he would nurse every 2 hours or more all night long. She started sippy cups and that helped. GL!
  • Options
    That's what I was afraid of! I should have kept up with giving bottles while she would accept them, just so she stayed used to them! Thanks for responding.
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"