TTC after 35
Options

CD1 - darn it.

I've been taking HPTs since 7DPO.  They have all been negative so I should have known this day was coming, but I kept thinking that I might just get a late BFP because I was having "symptoms".  Now I know it was just the evils of my mind playing tricks on me.  Dh wants to take a break, and I don't.  He wants to wait until June to start trying again, and even though I do half-way agree with some of his reasons, I still don't want to stop TTC.  I am an impatient girl and I don't want to wait.  It is so hard when DH and I aren't on the same page, and that happens a lot when we TTC.  I think it is just easier for a guy to "wait" and kinda blow things off, but when you are the girl and it is your body that craves a baby, it isn't as easy to wait.  Guys just don't get it sometimes.  Plus, after the disappointment of getting AF today, I didn't need the "let's wait a while speech".  Especially not right after having my 37th birthday last week.  I don't think at my age we have the luxury to wait.

Baby #1: 19 cycles, failed IUI, and 1 + IVF 3-5-07
Baby #2: 12 cycles, 1 failed FET, natural miracle but m/c at 9 weeks then another natural miracle that stuck! 9-30-09

TTC #3 - 4 cycles - no BFP yet!

Re: CD1 - darn it.

• Options

I'm really sorry to hear this.  These days are the worst, I'm just waiting for mine to show up knocking on my door.  I just turned 36 on Tuesday 1/25 & I'm thinking about giving up TTC (& it totally kills me to say this) if it doesn't work this time around.  It's to frustrating again. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I am so sorry... CD1 is the worst.  And having symptoms makes it all the more unfair.  :(  Dh wanting to take a break has to be frustrating too.  I would have the talk but with the understanding that you are not going to make a decision (to wait or not wait) until tomorrow or the next day.  You need to give him all the facts, especially the age part.  And then THINK about it for a while so no decisions are made in haste or with too much emotion.. I know that on CD1 I am an emotional wreck and am always irrational.  If you are like me it is not a good time to make a huge decision!  :)  Hugs to you and good luck with dh!
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Options

So sorry! I know how it feels. I hope that YH can be sympathetic to the situation and think through the impact of waiting 5 months. Ultimately though it needs to be a decision that you are both on.

• Options
    I'm sorry...I know how much the BFN sucks. Sad  Totally see your point about not wanting to stop TTC.  Hopefully, DH will come around soon? 
  • Options

I'm so sorry.  I think day one is the hardest day every month.  I agree with pp to wait a day or two and have a discussion with YH about continuing or waiting.  I wouldn't sit down and actually have a discussion about any of this with him because I was afraid of what he would say, but I did it the other night for the first time and we both had a chance to say what we were thinking/feeling about this whole process and really hear what the other was saying.  It really helped us get things out in the open and get us mostly on the same page, so I highly suggest doing this. Good luck!!

• Options
    I'm so sorry - CD1 is miserable. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"