Special Needs

update: My question on GERD

Thanks to everyone for their response.

I talked to the doctor today and she said it sounds like he may have slight reflux but she is not going to treat it with meds for now. This is because my son has gained 4 lbs and 2.5 inches since he's been born two months ago. So she wants to hold off for another couple weeks to see how he's doing.

I will keep everyone posted.

Re: update: My question on GERD

• My DS has severe reflux and has been on meds since 5 weeks old. Even though your LO is gaining weight does not mean they aren't in pain. My son has been gaining weight fine, but unfortunately needs speech therapy because he associates eating with pain from his reflux. The pedi said his reflux would likely be gone by 6 months old, but I don't see weaning him off his meds anytime soon. Prevacid has been a lifesaver for us.GL!
  • imageChicka03:
    My DS has severe reflux and has been on meds since 5 weeks old. Even though your LO is gaining weight does not mean they aren't in pain. My son has been gaining weight fine, but unfortunately needs speech therapy because he associates eating with pain from his reflux. The pedi said his reflux would likely be gone by 6 months old, but I don't see weaning him off his meds anytime soon. Prevacid has been a lifesaver for us.GL!

I agree!  My DS never had weight issues and did not show signs of associating eating with pain (ie, avoiding eating) until he was 5-6 months old.  And he is still on Nexium and Zantac at 17 months. 

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah she said she wants me to look out for spitting up an hour from eating I'm going to start charting this and his other issues. I go back on the 10th. She felt he was too young for the meds since he was gain weight.

I will be following up especially since I go back to work soon I don't want him to be in pain in daycare. Sad

Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"