Two Under 2
Options

Did you feel less "attached" to #2 while you were pregnant?

I'm feeling really guilty because I don't feel as attached to this baby as I did while I was pregnant with DS. I don't know if it's because I've done this before so every movement isn't super exciting or if it's because I just went through all of this or if I just don't love this baby as much yet. Any way I look at it I feel like I'm not giving this baby all of the advantages that Brock had. I know I will love him when I meet him, but I felt an overwhelming amount of love for Brock the day I saw him on the US and I'm still not feeling that this time. Has anyone else felt this way? Is this normal?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did you feel less "attached" to #2 while you were pregnant?

• Options
    I hope it's normal because I experienced the same thing. Still do, to an extent. I love my little girl & can't wait to see her, but it's definitely different than my first. Honestly I'm so busy chasing my 14 month old around, I don't have the time I did before to sit & oow&aahhhh over what my belly is doing. I make the time, but it's just different. No less love, just different.
  • Options
    I woud say yes and no. Yes because with #2 we found out the sex and started calling him by his name. No because I was so distracted with LO1 that I dont feel we "belly bonded" as much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely. I felt this way throughout the pregnancy, even at the end. Now that LO is here, she fits so perfectly into our little family and I can't imagine life without her. I'm sure you'll feel the same way. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I was less attached to Chloe in the womb. I was tired and busy with L. I would talk to L a lot while I was driving or sing for her and hardly ever did that with C. Same iwth DH. He would rub my belly all the time and talk to it while I was pg with L, but by the end of the day while pg with C, we just crashed. It's normal. I felt more attached to #2 PP. It took me a while to adjust to being a mom and to really feel like I loved L, but I adored C right away.

• Options
    Yes, I wasn't as focused on the pregnancy as I was the first time around. But with DD1 I had a hard time bonding with her at first, and with this one the bonding is coming a bit quicker.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options

I feel bad in that I have not taken weekly bump pics like I did with DS.  I think I have taken maybe two (the last one being Thanksgiving weekend).  However, we are doing another maternity session with this one so I guess that is a little redemption, lol.  I also kind of feel bad because this baby in my belly has to be sensing so much more stress than DS did when he was in my belly. 

On the other hand, I probably pay a little more attention to my bump this time around with DS because we say, "See the baby?" and rub my belly and he will do the same.  And when I'm reading books to DS, the little one in there also kind of gets read to, as well.  Stick out tongue

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options
    Yep, I feel the exact same way. Last pregnancy I scrapbooked my whole pregnancy, weekly belly shots, etc. I was so excited about every appointment, DH would constantly talk to my belly, etc. This pregnancy I sometimes forget I'm pregnant...LOL. I think because the "newness" has wore off and I'm so busy with my one year old. I've done this all before, etc. Last time I had all the time in the world to sit around and day dream about being pregnant. I really think it's completely normal. At least I'm hoping it's normal!
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I know once he gets here I will love him with all my heart. I just feel bad that I don't sit around all day dreaming about what it will be like to have a baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Totally normal!  You are too busy to obsess over this pregnancy like you did with #1.  It will be the same way when they are born....you obsess a little less over their first tooth, first time sitting up, etc.  It doesn't mean you love them any less, there's just nothing that can compare to the first time.  IMO.
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yup. I feel the same. And I agree with others that I'm so busy with baby #1, I'm not as amazed over pregnancy #2. 

I know I will love my second son to death. I know he will be just as wonderful and amazing as my first son. I just am not as ooey-gooey over this pregnancy.

Totally normal. No worries! 

• Options
    I think it is normal. I felt that way until I had DD and they put her in my arms for the first time...and then I loved her just as much and I do DS.  I think I was so busy taking care of DS that I didn't have the time to sit and feel every movement and oohh and ahh over my belly, etc. There were honestly days that I had to "remind" myself I was pregnant.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so glad I read this post. I am having a hard time with this as well. Its not like I don't want the baby I am just not as excited about being pregnant and since it was only a year ago that I was pregnant with DD I feel like I have been there done that kind of thing. I am more concerned about how DD will take it when the baby actually comes. She gets all of my attention now and doesn't have to share anything but when this baby comes she will have to wait on some things because the baby might need something first. I am just afraid that I am taking away from DD's "baby" years. I have cried about this off and on since I found out that we were having a second baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think the novelty has worn off a little but i definitely feel connected to this baby. how can you not when you feel this kid move/kick/hiccup. it's amazing. i do fear that i won't love him as much as i love DS1 but i'm sure once he's here, it'll be a completely different story
  • Options
    I feel completely detached and feel so guilty for it. This was just so unplanned and I really wanted them two years apart. I am too busy with DD that I just dont think about #2. Hopefully i will feel differently when he/she comes but right now I just feel a lot of guilt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"