February 2011 Moms
Options

snuzzler safe in carseat?

Hello all,

I'm so confused...we got a snuzzler to use in the carseat, for added head support, etc., then I heard that these are not supposed to be used due to the fact that you are not supposed to put anything behind the baby...but then I read the reviews on amazon where I bought this, and people explain that the padding of the snuzzler is to the sides, not the back, just as a rolled up blanket would be.

So, my question is: do we use it or not?? Thank you!!

This is what we bought:

https://www.amazon.com/Kiddopotamus-Snuzzler-Complete-Support-Ivory/dp/B000DZS720/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IPA9YVTSZTVQY&colid=WXLCNB7BFH0O 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: snuzzler safe in carseat?

• Options
    To be safe, I don't put anything after market in the seat. This is unnecessary anyway - with DD the newborn insert which came with the (Snugride) carseat was sufficient support, and you can always use receiving  blankets if you want more support.
    imageimage
  • Options
    During our newborn care class last night, we were told not to use that. They said if it didn't come with the car seat it hasn't been tested on that one and to not use it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard the same thing -- not to put anything behind the baby in the carseat as it's unsafe.
  • Options
    I've read the same thing.  We bought one anyway, but just to use in our stroller if we want to have her in there without using the carseat adapter while she's still really small.  We don't plan to use it in the carseat.
  • Options
    I bought one and plan on using it.  I had never heard not to use these before.  The only thing I had heard was the positioners in the crib.  Trust your instinct- if you feel that you shouldn't use it, then don't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our car seat inspector said not to use anything that goes between the baby and the car seat. (They shouldn't even wear thick, snow suit-type of clothes.)  We had something similar and he said that we should take it out.  Obviously lots of people use it, but personally I won't use anything that the inspector said wasn't safe.  Not worth it to me.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was told no, nothing in the carseat.  I have a snuzzler because I have a used swing that had a stain on the headrest, we removed it and are using the snuzzler instead.  But we aren't putting anything into the carseat.

If you're not sure you can always take it with you to the hospital and ask the nurses before leaving.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    We were told by a child safety expert to not put a snuzzler in the seat.  Instead, roll up the muslin blankets and put them in between the seat frame and fabric insert, one on each side and one at the crotch if we need to raise LO up so that the car seat straps firmly encased his shoulders.
    Golly Gee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mostly nothing aftermarket in a seat has been tested and so everyone will say it shouldn't be used. Trust your instinct. I don't see any problem with using this. It's better than baby flopping around.
  • Options
    Nothing much different, but I figured I'd chime in.  I asked the car safety seat inspector about this when I got my carseat installed over the weekend.  She said you shouldn't use anything like that if it didn't come with the seat.  She said that if baby is flopping around too much, I should roll up two receiving blankets lengthwise and put them on either side of her head for support. 
    imageBabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"