Detroit Babies

TTC in Metro Detroit IVF? RAMI

Hi all,

I am 37 had one miscarriage and am now TTC a year later.  I just had my first appointment with RAMI (Reproductive Associates of MI) with Dr. Wolfe.  Anyone have success with them before?  Scared and nervous...

Re: TTC in Metro Detroit IVF? RAMI

• I had a consultation with Dr Wolfe but ended up going with IVF of Michigan in Rochester Hills.....really only because their stats were higher.  I think Dr. Wolfe probably would have been more personable....but I figured if I was spending all that money, I wanted to go with the best odds.  IVF of Michigan was like 20% higher success rates. Good luck
  • YES - loved RMA.  Dr. Wolfe is so wonderful.  I actually saw Dr. Miller for most of my monitoring appointments, but Dr. Wolfe did all the procedures.  You see one of the doctors at each appt (at least I did for IVF), they have great bedside manners, and I loved all the nurses and even the people who drew my blood.

Success with IVF 1.

• Loading the player...
  • Currently go to RMAMI and love it!  Dr. Wolfe and Miller are both fabulous.  You will end up seeing both of them as the PP said.  Dr. Wolfe is amazing so personable and takes the time to really answer all your questions.  All the people I've come into contact with at RMA have been wonderful.

Currently on my 2nd IUI and in the TWW.

Expecting twins next week.  Thanks to Dr. Wolfe & Dr. Miller!!!!

• I love, love, love Dr. Wolf (no e in her last name). I went to IVF Michigan for our first IVF and had a horrible experience with them for a multitude of reasons. Dr. Wolf is a terrific blend of professional, focused and kind.

We thought our issue was strictly MFI when we went to IVF Michigan. After IVF #1 failed, I asked what they saw when they retrieved my eggs re: quality because I had a sneaking suspicion that I had issues too. The doctor at IVF Michigan was horribly rude and told me that my eggs were fine, my uterus was fine but our MFI situation was so severe they refused to work with us again for IVF (that's what he literally said). He said the only thing he was willing to do / the only thing that would work was for us to go straight to donor IUI. He gave us a catalog of donors and left the room saying he'd be back in a moment. 15 minutes later the nurse came back and said that he decided he was done for the day and left. Needless to say, we were left feeling that he was more concerned with preserving his statistics than taking on our challenging IF situation via IVF.

Horrified with the treatment, we decided to seek 2nd opinions. We met with Dr. Wolf and Dr. Mersol-Barg (Birmingham). Ultimately, we selected Dr. Wolf, but I have nothing bad to say about Dr. MB... he was great too. Anyway, we went through IVF #2 with Dr. Wolf, and that was a total failure again. During our WTF appointment, she said that she believed I had egg quality issues based on what she saw. She suggested some changes to my diet and some supplements to improve egg quality. Her view was right on. IVF #3 was a totally different experience, and our embryo quality was leaps and bounds better than the two previous IVFs, so my egg quality was questionable after all. Long story longer, IVF #3 worked, and our daughter is expected in May.

Point being, Dr. Wolf was completely committed to our success while being totally compassionate. I can't recommend her highly enough to do her justice for what she did for us. Dr. Miller was also terrific.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"