North Carolina Babies

Maternity Funeral Attire

Unfortunately I need clothes for a funeral.  My uncle died suddenly on Monday and the service is this Friday.  I officially have pajamas and jeans that fit. Ideally I would like to find a black skirt and can make do with a top I currently have. I really don't want to spend a ton of money considering I have 2 months to go and will only wear this once.  Khols has no maternity skirts. Motherhood is probably going to be a million dollars. Any ideas for other places to shop? I have tomorrow to figure something out. I'm a bit panicked.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Maternity Funeral Attire

• any consignment shops in your area that sell maternity clothes?  you could get a nice pair of dress slacks and wear a black top/sweater.  i think that would be appropriate given the circumstances. or a dark colored dress (not necessarily black). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd try Old Navy. Or Target. Maybe even call the stores before going.

PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This might be totally weird since we've never met - but I think you're in Raleigh? 

I have a black ann taylor loft dress that fit me great throughout my pregnancy.  It's not maternity, but it's empire waisted and a size 14.  If you'd like to try to borrow it, you could swing by my house(N Hills area) tomorrow morning or meet me at work(RTP).  I can email you either address. I'll be at home in the morning pretty late and then I'll be at work until late in the evening. My email is kmb0806 at hotmail.

• I am so sorry for you loss. 

I too had to attend a funeral when I was about 30 weeks pregnant and I got a simple black dress at Target.  It was pretty inexpensive, probably $20.  

• Target has a few things I saw that would work. I would keep the tags and receipt and return it the next day/week.
  • So sorry for your loss.  I think the consignment store is a good option price-wise if you have one in your area.  I got the majority of my maternity clothes from one.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • if I knew where my maternity clothes were then I would offer to lend you a nice black slack that I bought for my graduation.  I hope you find something.  And I'm sorry for your loss. :(
  • I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.  :(  I have 2 pairs black maternity dress pants + a black maternity dress skirt that you can borrow if you are really desperate!  Just let me know !  :) 

You may find something @ Motherhood though, you should check 'em out today if you have time!  I bet they are running some sales on their winter stuff. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know this sounds crazy.  But when I was really pregnant with Allie, I never bought maternity pants.  I just kept my pants unbuttoned and wore a longer shirt.  But at the very end, that didn't work.  I bought a pair of black cotton sleep pants from Target and wore those to work!  They were just comfy, light cotton pants.  I still wear them to bed now.  But it worked for work clothes for 2 weeks or so!  Ha.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecmbrown:
    I know this sounds crazy.  But when I was really pregnant with Allie, I never bought maternity pants.  I just kept my pants unbuttoned and wore a longer shirt.  But at the very end, that didn't work.  I bought a pair of black cotton sleep pants from Target and wore those to work!  They were just comfy, light cotton pants.  I still wear them to bed now.  But it worked for work clothes for 2 weeks or so!  Ha.

I did something similar - got the black champion semi-fitted workout pants from Target, but wore them with nice shirts/sweaters and sandals/heels, and no one knew any better. Stick out tongue

• I'm sorry for your loss. I had to attend a funeral before christmas and I just wore black slacks with a dark purple maternity shirt and a black sweater. It worked fine even with keep the pants unbuttoned as I had not gone into maternity clothes yet (I'm still not all the way in maternity clothes..LOL)
  • Check out Target--they have a bunch of stuff on clearance now. Also, Kid to Kid has consignment for maternity as well. You can probably find some pants or a skirt there for $5-$10 in black. Sorry for your loss!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"