Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

This baby is driving me crazy!

LO has learned how to whine. He is soooo needy! It's gotten to the point where I cannot put him down or walk away from him for 1 minute without him whining very loudly and persistently. It's so aggravating!

How do I deal with this/make it stop? How do I get my child to realize that it is not the end of the world if I am not holding him or giving him 100% of my attention for every single waking moment of his day?

And yes, I am holding him while typing one-handed.

Re: This baby is driving me crazy!

• Options
    could you get a sling or carrier so you are able to hold him and do stuff around the house?  Are you sure he's not sick or teething?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Unfortunately, I don't think an almost-4 month old understands the power of whining.  He only knows that he needs/wants to be held.

Take advantage now, before he gets older and wants to go, go, go instead of being held.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

He's three months old.  Meaning he's only been in the world for three months.  He needs his mommy, he wants his mommy, because you are everything to him.  Wait until he's older to "make it stop".  He isn't trying to manipulate you or "being spoiled"...he just needs mama.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Options
    He is teething. I have a sling but I'm struggling with it and can't get him in it without making him irrate.
  • Options
    At 3 months he's whining because he needs something. It's difficult sometimes, but, as his parent, you need to figure out what that something is. Sorry it's so "aggravating" for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagemonkiem:

Unfortunately, I don't think an almost-4 month old understands the power of whining.  He only knows that he needs/wants to be held.

Take advantage now, before he gets older and wants to go, go, go instead of being held.

I agree with this 100%   They grow up in the blink of an eye and you will probably miss holding him in your arms.  

Maybe he isn't feeling well or is just craving some mom time. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Have you talked to anyone aboud PPD?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    His aggravating whining is coming from a place of need. He needs something, and if it takes you holding him all day long than so be it. In the 1st 3 months of Em's life she was colicy. The baby bjorn helped tremendously, along with a lot of nursing. Also, the vacuum soothed her as well. She also loves her swing. If she can't be soothed by holding her, she goes into her cradle swing and calms down immediately.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersPhotobucket
  • Options
    I have no idea but I hope someone posts the answer.  I type one-handed often, lol!
    The Bitty Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Roos Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

It is probably a phase that they'll grow out of, but right now they just need to feel loved and that they are in a secure, safe place. 

Hug them, hold them, cuddle them while you can!

• Options
    imageBeanin:
    He is teething. I have a sling but I'm struggling with it and can't get him in it without making him irrate.
    are you sure you have the right size sling? Maybe you could look up a tutorial on YouTube, I know they had some helpful ones for wraps on there. I'm sure its frustrating but I have to agree with pp, before you know it they don't want you to hold them anymore and right now he is not manipulating you but needs comfort. Just think of the new skills you are acquiring! One handed typing is a great skill to post one your resume :)
  • Options
    maybe someone else could take over and give you a break so you can relax :)
  • Options
     I love how so many people on this board like to make people feel guilty about normal emotional reactions to circumstances that they probably aren't in. Your baby is gonna grow up blablabla. Anyway, it will pass. Possibly its just the teething but also consider he is over tired. For my son cranky=tired. I finally realized I was putting him down for his naps 1/2 hour too late. My son still likes to be held very often, but he lets me pee SOMETIMES! haha. Some babies just really love their mama!!  good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagedelg23:
     I love how so many people on this board like to make people feel guilty about normal emotional reactions to circumstances that they probably aren't in. Your baby is gonna grow up blablabla. Anyway, it will pass. Possibly its just the teething but also consider he is over tired. For my son cranky=tired. I finally realized I was putting him down for his naps 1/2 hour too late. My son still likes to be held very often, but he lets me pee SOMETIMES! haha. Some babies just really love their mama!!  good luck.

I wasn't trying to make her feel guilty i was trying to encourage her by saying that it won't last forever.

• Options
    I've had a week like that as well with one of the twins. The girls got their shots on Monday so I don't know if she aren't feeling well from those, if she's teething, or if it's something else. Either way it IS exhausting and I feel bad for my other baby because she hasn't gotten much one on one from me as a result. Hope things get better for you and LO!
  • Options
    imageouraddress7:

imagedelg23:

I wasn't trying to make her feel guilty i was trying to encourage her by saying that it won't last forever.

I wasn't talking about anyone specific but its just the tone I often see that just makes people having a difficult time feel worse. Also, I think your advice was helpful. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"