Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I should have took away the swaddle sooner.

Yupp, so it seems to be that the swaddle is the reason Luke wasnt sleeping through the night. He would sleep 12-4 and then 430-8 or 9ish every night.

We were expecting heck but it ended up being the best idea ever! Its only been three nights but since hes been de-swaddeled he has been sleeping like a rock frm 12-9.

Big Smile

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I should have took away the swaddle sooner.

• Options
    You're giving me hope L... I'm still nervous though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Really... maybe we will have to give this a try tonight...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We moved to the sleep suit and she's sleeping quieter but not necessarily longer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I want to take the swaddle away but DD sleeps 10-12 hours with it. I am too nervous!
  • Options
    Question: Now that you aren't swaddling, what does your pre-bedtime routine look like?
  • Options

imageHisSunshine1220:

Every night at 4 he would wake up and try to bust out of his swaddle. Couldnt bring his arms to his face, got mad, cried, and eventually wanted to eat. I think he wanted his hands for comfort even in his sleep. Now he sleeps with his arms up and doesnt wake up at 4. Its worth a shot! You never know!

• Options

imageHisSunshine1220:
    Question: Now that you aren't swaddling, what does your pre-bedtime routine look like?

I just saw this. Before it was eat at 1130ish, swaddle, then rock to sleep. We were giving him a bath in the early evening. 

Now, we give him a bath at 1030, give him his normal 6 ounce bottle, he will eat an ounce of what ever baby food ive made, and fall right to sleep.

We are night owls so we put him down late. Im sure it would be good ealier also!

• Options

imageKara5109:
    I want to take the swaddle away but DD sleeps 10-12 hours with it. I am too nervous!

This. We have started leaving one arm out, but this past weekend we tried both arms out. She refused to fall asleep!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker.
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    *TTC #2 since 5/2011*
    *me(23) DH(28)*
    *DX w/ PCOS 3/22/12*
  • Options
    imageMamaLBF:

imageHisSunshine1220:

Every night at 4 he would wake up and try to bust out of his swaddle. Couldnt bring his arms to his face, got mad, cried, and eventually wanted to eat. I think he wanted his hands for comfort even in his sleep. Now he sleeps with his arms up and doesnt wake up at 4. Its worth a shot! You never know!

That's exactly how DS is. When I go in his room, he is struggling to bust out of the swaddle, or he has already broken free. DH is scared, but we are going to give it a try tonight. Did you just go cold turkey?

• Options
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imageMamaLBF:

imageHisSunshine1220:

That's exactly how DS is. When I go in his room, he is struggling to bust out of the swaddle, or he has already broken free. DH is scared, but we are going to give it a try tonight. Did you just go cold turkey?

Yupp! I wanted to just take it away and my DH wanted to wait. He thought it was going to be a disaster.I convinced him and we agreed to just lay him in the crib and see what happens. We didnt lay him in there though until he had fallen aleep in my arms. I think that really helped. The first night I had to put his binky back in a few times but he went right back to sleep. Now I dont even have to do that! GOOD LUCK!

• Options
    Alright... you have totally convinced me. DS is going to bed swaddle-free tonight. Pray for us. lol Thanks for the advice!
  • Options

I tried to go cold turkey with Peyton last week.  It was a major fail.  As soon as I swaddled her back up, she was out cold. 

I just tried leaving one arm out yesterday for naps and last night.  She is currently going on three hours of a nap with one arm out.  I'm calling one arm out a success.  I think I will do this for about a week and then try to leave both arms out.  We'll see.  It will be so much easier to just put her in her crib than have to worry about swaddling her!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    really? Huh. I wasn't in a huge rush to take the swaddle away but maybe I should give it a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"