January 2011 Moms
Options

Any advice?

Yesterday I was checked and my membranes were stripped. I had cramps/backache/contractions all day long. I had some brown tinged discharge, as I suspected after my internal.

Then last night, I cramped all night long, almost feeling like my bladder was being squeezed and I needed to go to the bathroom. The pain would wake me up and I would go to the bathroom; only to be disappointed by a dribble.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and had to poo (sorry TMI) and it hurt really bad. When I went to wipe, I had alot of stringy bloody disharge. My doctor said I have already lost my mucus plug. Does this sound like my bloody show? Or do you think it could be aftermath from my membranes being swept yesterday?

Also, does you bloody show mean the labor is super close? I'm at work, having somewhat uncomfortable contractions, but nothing unbearable. Would you go home?

Thanks!

Re: Any advice?

• Options

I would go home if I was too uncomfortable to work effectively, but then again I stopped working at 36 weeks since my hour-long commute was a bit much to handle and I wasn't planning on returning to that job post-baby. 

That being said, if the contractions aren't timeable and/ or close together, you're probably not quite there yet. But hopefully they'll keep progressing. I'm jealous. I'm due in 2 days and having little to no signs of labor yet. :/ 

• Options

Last Tuesday I had an internal done and I was only 2cm dilated. I was 3 days overdue at that point. Later that day I had some spotting and played it out to be just from the internal. On Wednesday I had big cramps but they were about 6 hours apart so I still thought nothing of it. I had bled a lot more though throughout the day and was thinking it could be my bloody show. At 11pm I began having minor contractions at 3:50am I was in the hospital and 4cm dilated and had my baby at 12:33pm. So there is a very good chance you could be in labor.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemarleena:

Last Tuesday I had an internal done and I was only 2cm dilated. I was 3 days overdue at that point. Later that day I had some spotting and played it out to be just from the internal. On Wednesday I had big cramps but they were about 6 hours apart so I still thought nothing of it. I had bled a lot more though throughout the day and was thinking it could be my bloody show. At 11pm I began having minor contractions at 3:50am I was in the hospital and 4cm dilated and had my baby at 12:33pm. So there is a very good chance you could be in labor.

Good luck!

Thank you, that is very encouraging!!! :-) I'm crossing my fingers for more consistent contractions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"