D.C. Area Babies

Pre-pg weight

I'm back down to where I was when I got my bfp! That was still higher than normal because of fertility meds and my own laziness.I looked in the mirror and my face is pretty much back to normal and my body feels downright slim compared to the past few months. I obviously have to get rid of the belly but I hope when I'm cleared for exercise that I'll be able to address that.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pre-pg weight

• Yay! That's awesome. Good for you.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That was really fast, it took me many more months - congrats!!
  • Loading the player...
  • that's awesome, good for you!

unfortunately, I am not able to work out now, I pump 3x at work and have no time, and by the time I get home, I have no time or energy. Plus, it really hurts my breasts so I'm using nursing as an excuse to eat whatever (I tend to eat healthy anyway) and will work out once I'm done pumping.

Losing the weight was not hard, it's getting in shape that's hard, for me. It took 3 mos the 1st time to fit into all my pre-pg pants and jeans, and this time around, almot 8mo pp, while I'm at the pre-pg weight, some pants still don't fit (and never may!). Also, most of my pre-pg shoes don't fit!

I wonder if our tummies will ever look good again

• I'm still overweight though! The GD diet really helped. I stopped gaining at 28 weeks, and since I delivered early my total weight gain was only about 22 pounds.I guess breastfeeding really does burn calories. I'm trying to keep eating but healthily since I am always hungry.
  • congrats!!!

i was back down to lower than when i got pregnant at i think about 10 days, and back in my pre-pg clothes. but i didn't gain much at all and was all belly.

the saggy pooch however.... that is still here. and it's gross. Sad i can't wait to start doing some kind of abdominal exercise to try to take care of that.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations!  Must feel so nice, since you can't predict how your body is going to handle those postpartum pounds.

I was back down to pre-pregnancy weight by my six-week check-ups.  While it was nice to fit into old clothes (most of them, at least...some will never fit properly again), I didn't feel "healthy."  Running on little sleep, BFing round the clock, snacking whenever I got the chance (because I was constantly hungry from BFing), not having opportunities to exercise (besides walking with the stroller)....I just felt kind of icky.  Good for you for being proactive about working out - I'm sure that exercise will help with the belly.  Keep your expectations low at first so you can be pleasantly surprised  :)

• I haven't tried on any Pre-pg pants yet because of the incision (thank goodness for yoga pants). I have been wearing a pair of maternity pants the two times I've gone out but they're falling off of me. My shape is definitely different though so I'm not too confident about wearing my Pre-pg clothes yet. Baby steps....
  • my pregnancy weight plus 5 pounds was gone by 2 weeks out but my pants didnt fit for much longer....and my hips and midsection will never look the same...

good luck and congrats:-) 

• Awesome! I lost all of mine really quickly too, not as fast as you, but by 6 weeks. My shape was WAY different though, but this winter I've been able to get back into all my pre-baby clothes, after getting back into my workouts finally. I was about 15 lbs. over what I consider my ideal weight when I got my BFP with DS, so I'm still trying to lose a little more before we TTC #2...some days I think it's easier with a toddler running around (less chances to snack, trying to set a good example with what I eat), sometimes I think it's harder (motivating myself to workout after he goes to sleep!).
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • That's awesome!  That happened with DS, but this time around I still have 20 stinking pounds left to go.  :-(  People kept telling me that it was harder after the second, but I didn't believe them b/c I've always been able to drop weight pretty quickly.  Boo to a new metabolism!
  • Congrats!!  That is the one good thing about the GD diet.
  • Wow, that is amazing!  Congratulations.

I am not in the "BFing takes the weight off amazingly fast camp". It is dropping, but nowhere near as fast of many on the 0-3 board. Good thing I still like my maternity clothes because my pre-preg clothes are not wearable. I am trying to keep in mind the, "9 months to gain it, 9 months to lose it," mentality.

• I still wear old maternity shirts becuase they are comfortable, empire waists are still somewhat popular so I don't think people really notice, and since I'm not sure if we will have a second kid - I might as well get my money's worth;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"