Georgia Babies
Options

NBR: Anyone have a droid?

I'm trying to decide between a droid and a blackberry for work.  Anyone have a droid?  Do you like it?  I've heard battery life is a big issue.  Thanks!

Re: NBR: Anyone have a droid?

• Options
    I have a droid.  I've never had a blackberry to compare battery life.  It isn't great but I think there are aps to extend battery life.  And also, I just plug it in whenever I'm in the car and that seems to help.  I like my droid but with I had the new verizon iphone that is coming out in a few weeks.
  • Options

I love my Droid X.  Dh has a Blackberry, but he's planning on switching to some version of the Droid when it's time for him to get a new phone. 

I get around a 14 hour battery life on a good day, but if I'm using a lot of apps or if the gps is on, it'll suck the life out of it, but that's common with smart phones.  During my work week I get 14 hours, but during the weekend, when I'm more likely to play with my phone, I'll get less than that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Droid X and have not had any issues with the battery life. I don't use it as often as some people probably do. I basically use the internet and to call people. I've had the battery last for 2 days sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I've had my Droid about a month now (Samsung Epic4G). The battery life seems to be about the same as other smartphones I've had in the past. The tech person told me that the new Android release (2.2) will improve the battery life considerably.

As for Droid vs. Blackberry, it depends on what you do with your phone. Blackberry does not have as many apps. If you want to surf the web, have apps for yourself and your kids, then a Droid is probably a better choice. Blackberry's market share has dropped a lot the last year, too.

One thing I love about the Droid is the SWYPE technology. I can literally text like a teenager now! No thumb-typing; you just run your index finger around the screen and it magically figures out your words. I blogged about it a bit here at my company's blog: https://newthoughtmarketing.com/ntmblog/fun-on-a-friday/i-love-my-android/

Good luck with your decision! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"