2nd Trimester
Options

2nd pregnancy..smaller belly?!

I guess im just kinda exhausted of hearing "omgsh ur still so small" "you dont even look prego at all" "you were so much bigger with ur first baby!"
and its kinda getting to me!! making me nervous that this baby isnt growing correctly!
I felt like i was getting bigger faster then with my first child then i kinda just stopped growing and have been the same for about a month (im 21 weeks now and just expected to "pop" by now)
I posted an updated belly pic last night to my facebook and people kept telling me that i look so much smaller this time around.
I think that I am smaller too looking back at pictures from my DS but since people are drowining me with those comments im just second guessing my self
Maybe all you mommys opions will help out a little heres a pic of my belly now and my belly with my son both at 21 weeks.

(now this time around im having a girl. so maybe she is just smaller then my son was at this point, he was a BIG baby and was 3 weeks early. im just paranoid because i thougbht u were suppose to be bigger with the second pregnancy then ur first. Granted i was about 20lbs lighter before i got pregnant this time then my pre pregnancy weight with my DS. but also at my ultrasound the found calcium in my daughter heart (which they dissmissed bc i was low risk for down syndrom) so im hoping thats not stunting her growth or anything) i just dont knwo wat to think anymore

Re: 2nd pregnancy..smaller belly?!

• Options
    Calm down and don't listen to the comments made by others.  I am not a doctor, but you definetely look like a healthy size to me.  If you are really worried, maybe talking to your doctor will help ease your mind.  But seriously, ignore the people around you.
  • Options
    I honestly don't think you look that different...you just look like you may be carrying a little differently this time.  It is hard not to get overwhelmed with the comnments though.  With DS I told I wasn't gaining enough by everyone except my OB.  This time around I am down 12 lbs right now and I am starting to hear I look like I am not gaining and I again am trying to ignore it since DS was born at a good weight and healthy.
    Praying this little one sticks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also looked smaller, at first... I was starting to get worried and even said something to my doctor at my 20 week check up... But then at about 23 weeks I popped, BIG TIME!  I am def bigger now that I was at this point last time... You will pop, don't worry.  I went from the "omg, you are so tiny, you look soooo great" comments to the "you must be due any day now, are you sure you're not having twins?" comments in a matter of a week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I think it's more to do with being 20 pounds lighter than anything else. Plus you may be carrying differently this time. I know that I am carrying way differently with DD than I did with DS. Hang in there, you're adorable! Plus, FWIW, your belly looks bigger the second time to me, I think that people are just weird.
  • Options
    Don't stress be happy. People tend to more a little more conscious about how they eat with their second ( eating healthier bc you have experienced how hard it was to get it off the first time). I am almost 16 weeks and still wearing all my regular clothes and I am down 2 lbs. If you have had u/s and everything was ok, you should be ok. The MD will tell you if they are concerned!
  • Options

Its not like you DONT look pregnant :-) Both pics are beautiful !

Dont stress... baby is growing .

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't say you're much smaller than your first baby. I'd say you're right that the fact that you're carrying a little girl is the difference this second time around.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    I'm still smaller than I was with DS, but I'm also not gaining as much weight as I did with him.  I know that when I finally do pop, it's going to be huge.  No cute little bump period for me this time around.  Every pregnancy is different.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"