3rd Trimester

Breech babies and hiccups

While waiting in my ob/mw's office, my LO had the hiccups for the millionth time today. They are really low, several inches below my belly button. But when the ob felt my uterus, he said that the baby is in the breech position. (He cautioned me about doing anything to flip the baby until after I have an u/s done to confirm the breech). I told him that I felt the baby's hiccups down low, but he said that he felt the baby was breech.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has a confirmed breech baby and where they felt their babies' hiccups. I have read online that you can tell the position of the baby based on where you feel the hiccups.  

Re: Breech babies and hiccups

• I feel my sons hiccups low most of the time... Sometimes very low and center right in my pelvis. I would assume that the baby is head down and your OB is mistaken. I don't think babys have hiccups in the little butts... : )
  • According to my last dr's appt (last Thursday) my LO has dropped and is in position.  Lately, when my LO has hiccups, I feel them against my anus/tailbone area.  Which I will add is one of the weirdest feelings ever! Hope that helps some.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLuckyLesley:
    According to my last dr's appt (last Thursday) my LO has dropped and is in position.  Lately, when my LO has hiccups, I feel them against my anus/tailbone area.  Which I will add is one of the weirdest feelings ever! Hope that helps some.

I feel them there sometimes too! Normally I try to get DH to feel LO's hiccups, but the other night they were in such a weird place that there was nowhere for him to place his hand to actually feel them. 

• My baby was breech until 32 weeks and I always felt hiccups at my ribs.  The day I started feeling them lower was the day I knew the baby had flipped.
  • imageLuckyLesley:
    According to my last dr's appt (last Thursday) my LO has dropped and is in position.  Lately, when my LO has hiccups, I feel them against my anus/tailbone area.  Which I will add is one of the weirdest feelings ever! Hope that helps some.

I swear the other day I could feel baby hiccups kind of on tube going to the anus, like 4-6" up. I dunno. It's weird, I thought I was the only one.

• This morning I was sure my breech baby had flipped because I could feel his hiccups right against my cervix, and couldn't feel them when I put my hand against his back. But no, he's still breech, and it's his butt sitting on my cervix. He then had hiccups for 20 minutes straight during my NST, but I felt them near my belly button. I'm not sure what made the difference in where I felt them, unless it was the position I was in (sitting vs. reclining).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My baby is breech and I feel her hiccups very close to my right hip (low).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My baby is breech and I feel the hiccups around my belly button or higher.
  • I had a breech baby (complete breech at delivery) and I felt her hiccups way low near my cervix. I saw her hiccups on a late u/s and it was her butt I was feeling bump off my cervix. I very rarely ever felt them up high.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My LO is breech and all of his movement (hiccups, or otherwise) is felt really low in my pelvis. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, hiccups are cute for about the first 15 seconds and then they become a form of Chinese Water Torture.  Blip....blip....blip....blip...blip
    Golly Gee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image*BlackSheep*:

imageLuckyLesley:

I swear the other day I could feel baby hiccups kind of on tube going to the anus, like 4-6" up. I dunno. It's weird, I thought I was the only one.

It's the craziest thing I've ever felt! The first time it happened i wasn't sure what it was (thinking maybe gas) but the rhythm finally gave it away.  DH thinks its hilarious whenever it happens even though he can't feel them because I'm usually up moving around trying to get the LO to move lol!

• I always feel LOs hiccups by his butt. No idea why but that is just where I always feel them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine are both breech, as was my 1st son, and I always feel their hiccups in my pelvis.

What's more telling for me is I can feel two giant round balls at the top and all the big movements are below my belly button.  All that alien movement you see on youtube?  I don't see it because that's mostly feet and I can't see below my belly button.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"