February 2011 Moms

I don't even want to answer the phone!

People are calling me all the time to "just check in and see how I'm feeling". They then want to know if I've had any contractions or backache, my mom keeps asking about my mucus plug... ug!  

I have promised everyone that I will let them know if anything happens, my due date isn't even for 10 days! I know they all care about me and mean well; but I'm getting sick of saying "Nope, nothing yet" (especially since I'm uncomfy and really wish I had something to report!).

Anyone else being hounded by well-meaning friends and family?

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I don't even want to answer the phone!

• So annoying. I know exactly what you mean. I look at the caller id and roll my eyes some days just knowing what will be said as soon as I answer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep! Started having false labor contractions a few nights ago, and I told my boyfriends mom. Big mistake. I know she's excited because she's going to be a grandma for the first time any-day now. But she texts me at least 2-3 times a day asking me how I'm doing and if my contractions are still happening. I know she just can't wait like I can but I would just like to for one day, not talk about how I'm feeling. It's the same, I'm tired, achey and I just want to sleep till I go into labor. Nuff said!
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom has been convinced since the beginning of this pregnancy that I will have this baby early because DD#1 came at 38w2d and DD#2 came at 37w1d so now she and the rest of my family keep calling and asking what's going on because I'm 37w2d!  I keep saying that I don't expect anything to happen before my scheduled c/s on Feb. 9th!
  • My due date is in 10 days as well, and the more people ask me, the more I want to punch them. They keep asking, "No baby yet?" Umm....pretty sure if there was, you would know about it. Like you said, it's irritating because we are already so uncomfortable and want something to report. I have absolutely no contractions or anything so I feel like they're just rubbing it in my face. Ugh, I know I'm just emotional though.
  • My mother is up my bunghole asking when 'we're' going to have this. I keep telling her that babies come when they come and nothing- not sex, not walking, jogging, dancing, eating certain foods, etc- is going to force this baby to come before she's ready. I can practically hear my mom rolling her eyes as me. She'll huff, 'Well, at least try!' Uh, no thanks mom. I'd rather be resting with knowing what's to come than to tire myself out severely trying to get a baby to come out that's not ready.

But yes, I do NOT pick up when my mom/grandmother calls. I just let them leave a message, or I'll text my mom 10 min later and tell her I was in the bathroom and unable to answer but that I was fine, still pregnant. I love texting, it allows me to 'talk' to people I really don't want to talk to!

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • To avoid this (both of our parents live in a different province then us) I call them once a day "to check in" although I did this before anyways,but they don't get into details anyways just ask me how i'm feeling and that's it.

With friends I have the same friends call me EVERYDAY, up to 5 times on my house phone, if I don't answer my house phone they call mine and DH's cells (they leave messages in our voice mails asking us to call them asap), they message us online, and one of them has even started driving through our complex if we don't answer to check if our car is in the drive way (she lives like 3 streets away from us).  It is so annoying!

• Totally know what you're talking about. I've put up things on my fb just so that people wouldnt ask ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!! I swear...it's annoying!

I have an all new respect for moms to be. I will NEVER call a soon to be mom and ask them if anything is happening. The thing is...the people that are calling/texting are moms. I mean, didn't they hate it when people called them all the time. I have my phone on silent and just ignore any texts and calls.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Ugh, I understand this completely! I started having more intense, regular contractions over the weekend and yesterday told my husband, who proceeded to post about it on FB (sigh). I know he's excited but now everyone keeps asking how I'm feeling, blah blah, and nothing has changed. Contractions are the same as they have been and I know people are going to get anxious now because I don't think this baby is coming this week (like everyone is so convinced is going to happen).

You never know, but it has made my life so irritating! 

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm about to tell people I had her yesterday and if they didn't bug me so much I would've told them on my own time.

My aunt called me about a half hour ago... I put it on speaker and literally just said "uh huh" and "yeah i know" a lot..

As I was writing this she called again. OMG.

imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    College Mom
  • I'm not even full term yet and people keep asking me daily...even though emotionally I so tired of being pregnant I know he needs to stay in there until he is ready to come! Everyone bugging me is starting to get on my nerves! I actually had a friend text me on Sunday and ask if I would go into labor tonight because she was bored! LOL...all I can do it laugh.
    Happy mommy to a sweet baby boy! CafeMom Tickers
  • My MIL calld multiple times during the week. I know that it irritates the sh!t out of her that I don't answer the phone, but seriously if nothing has changed then why am I going to call you. If there is soemthing to tell you then we will call and let you know.

Just don't answer the phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"