Natural Birth

BOBB

I finally got around to watching BOBB last night, and finally convinced DH to watch it with me!  He has been ok about my choice for a natural birth, but was definitely hesitant with the birth center at first. He really kinda put up a fight about watching the movie, but finally gave in.

After the movie was over he was so excited about our new adventure! He said he totally gets it now and that maybe he just needed to hear some of those things from someone other than me. He has a list going of people he wants to lend the video to now, saying he just doesn't feel right about having this information available and not offering it to other people who could find it helpful.

I knew he was "on board" with the decisions we made about this birth because he trusts me and knows I research like crazy and would never put our LO in danger. But it just feels so good to know that now he BELIEVES in it too. He believes in the power of my body and believes that we are absolutely doing the right thing for our family! He said he can't wait to go with me to my MW appointment on Thursday!  Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BOBB

• Congrats. Having your partner's support is the most important factor in a successful birth experience.

GL 

• Awesome for you guys!

Another good movie to watch is Orgasmic Birth. It has a very sensationalized title but that doesn't really match the movie itself. It's more about natural, euphoric birth. I especially liked the "extras" at the end of o-birth where they talked about the cold hard numbers of the statistics of birth. I am an engi-nerd like that though. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"