Indiana Babies

Sleep Help - Again

She's killing me.  I really do think she's working on her 2 year molars but this is crazy.  She goes down fine at 8:30.  She wakes up between 1 and 2:30.  Every single night.  If we try to let her work it out on her own she gets really worked up and won't go back to sleep. If we try to go in and comfort her and walk out she gets even more worked up and throws herself around.  If we pick her up and go into the guest room with her she lays right down and falls asleep.  

Help. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep Help - Again

• If Andrew were teething and he woke up upset, I would walk in, give him a dose of medicine and leave. If it was really bad, I would hold him a minute to let it set in, then leave. 

Whatever you decide to do, I would chose a plan and be 100% consistent.  If you are trying different things, and she knows going into the guest room is her preferred option, she might more likely get mad if you want her in the crib.  That option is fine if it's fine with you, but I would have a plan as far as 1) when you go into her room 2) what you do 3) how long you stay 4) where she can sleep, etc, and do it the same way every.single.time!

The only time that hasn't work for us is if he pukes because cleaning up is an ordeal and he gets really freaked.

• imagelemen99:

If Andrew were teething and he woke up upset, I would walk in, give him a dose of medicine and leave. If it was really bad, I would hold him a minute to let it set in, then leave. 

Whatever you decide to do, I would chose a plan and be 100% consistent.  If you are trying different things, and she knows going into the guest room is her preferred option, she might more likely get mad if you want her in the crib.  That option is fine if it's fine with you, but I would have a plan as far as 1) when you go into her room 2) what you do 3) how long you stay 4) where she can sleep, etc, and do it the same way every.single.time!

The only time that hasn't work for us is if he pukes because cleaning up is an ordeal and he gets really freaked.

I agree with Kathy know ahead of time what your plan of action will be and stick with it.  Clark rarely wakes up now so when he does you know something is wrong.  IE saturday moring at 5am he is scream/crying and DH wanted to just get him up for the day and I said no way he wakes up at 6am during the week and usually at 7am on the weekends.  So DH went in (no lights on) and just laid him back down and patted his back/tummy until he quieted down and he fell back asleep. 

I probably would have went in and turend on the projector (to have a little light), gave him some tylenol, and then laid him back down.  But either way stay consistent and I'll see if I feel the same way the closer clark gets to two ;)

• Loading the player...
  • It's just so frustrating because we never had to sleep train.  She was STTN at 8 weeks and just has recently started doing this crap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsJMB:
    It's just so frustrating because we never had to sleep train.  She was STTN at 8 weeks and just has recently started doing this crap.

That is hard then....Clark cried 24/7 for the first 3 months and then it slowly got better but we for sure trained him.  Our training is so great now that when I say "time to go night night" he'll go straight to the stairs and hit the gate and then come running to me and say "night night".  He's an awesome sleeper now. 

Try one of the super nanny techniques - it'll be tough but so worth it!

• imageMrsJMB:
    It's just so frustrating because we never had to sleep train.  She was STTN at 8 weeks and just has recently started doing this crap.

Same here.  And then Andrew got a chronic sinus infection, a cold, an ear infection, and while cutting 2 molars...and he started to wake up....

So we decide to make a plan of action, and have since stuck to it 100%.  And now, even when sick, cutting 4 canines, has a sinus infection, etc, he doesn't wake up!!!!

I bet since she has always slept well like Andrew, it will be SO easy to whip her into shape.  We had this whole plan layed out and we didn't even need it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"