Indiana Babies

i just got outed at work

Not exactly how I wanted to tell my supervisor...  We were having a discussion about another co-worker's maternity leave (she's due in late July) and how we were going to handle August programs.  

Now we're scrambling to figure out how to get everything covered.  I just wish I would have figured out my plan of action before having it become a chaos situation.  I didn't plan on telling him until at least another week or two.  And I don't understand

Ugh.  What a crappy way to start my day.   

Re: i just got outed at work

• Oh, man. That sucks.  So sorry!
  • Boooo, I'm sorry :( That really blows.

I was just unintentionally outed to my boss, too. But only because she asked and I couldn't lie. I forget what I said, but she replied with a, "You're pregnant, aren't you?!". Oops. Luckily she's not telling anyone else, but still.

I guess it's good that I won't have to be secretive about doc appointments...

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That sucks. I'm sorry it didn't go the way you were hoping, and you were totally put on the spot. I hope you get it all worked out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Boo!  Hopefully they don't give you a hard time about being gone for your programs. 
  • Sad
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Oh no! That stinks, Kelley.

You mentioned recently that you were going to have the opportunity to negotiate some aspects of your job - has that already taken place? I hope that opportunity won't be impacted by your being "outted".
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That stinks!  I hope you figure out a good solution!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry Kelley!  I know how disappointed I would feel if a situation like that was suddenly wrenched from my control.  I hope you're able to sit down with your supervisor once you have your plan in mind.
  • imagejacnabe:
    Oh no! That stinks, Kelley.

You mentioned recently that you were going to have the opportunity to negotiate some aspects of your job - has that already taken place? I hope that opportunity won't be impacted by your being "outted".

Nope - it hasn't.  I had to put it on the back burner because of something else that came up and was planning to take my plans to my supervisor next week. 

I don't think it will mess anything up.  In fact if he agrees to the terms that I've tentatively laid out, then it would actually make it better for August because I wouldn't be required to be on-site.At least that's how I'm going to try to spin it. 

Crying 

• imagefruitcakes:

imagejacnabe:
    Oh no! That stinks, Kelley.

Nope - it hasn't. I had to put it on the back burner because of something else that came up and was planning to take my plans to my supervisor next week.

I don't think it will mess anything up. In fact if he agrees to the terms that I've tentatively laid out, then it would actually make it better for August because I wouldn't be required to be on-site.At least that's how I'm going to try to spin it.

Crying

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do a great job of presenting your proposal!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • boo :(

Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm sorry :( That isn't cool!
  • Sorry.  That stinks! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"