Indiana Babies

shoe deals

The first (and only) time I got Andrew shoes, it was when he started walking and they had the buy one get one 50% off at Stride Rite.

But I guess I can plan a little bit ahead now :-)

Where/how do you find the best deals on kid's shoes?

I do like the idea of sticking to a nicer shoe, since he only has 1 pair at a time that fits him anyways, I don't mind spending a little more.  I'm open to other brands, like Pediped, or whatever else I should consider!

Re: shoe deals

• I've been buying them either at Target (basic black/brown shoes), or when babysteals has them (I bought a pair of brown Stride Rites for ~$15 and she wears them almost every day), or when Gymboree has a really good sale/coupon (as long as they'll match more than one outfit).

Also, abbyslane always has a good clearance section of Pedipeds for about half off. If you sign up for their newsletter, they'll send you a discount code every month, plus they always offer free shipping.

A lot of the discount sites (zulily, trendy tots, etc) seem to have shoes often, but they never seem like that great of deals and they aren't super-recognizable brands (like, I'll pay more for Stride Rite or Pediped, but I won't pay more for some brand I've never heard of).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we have had really good luck at the Bass Shoe outlet in Edinburgh. We got really cute boots for Preslee there for $5/pair! You might also check the Marshalls on Michigan Road (just north of 465). Everytime I am in there, they have tons of cute boys shoes. Mostly StrideRite, and other name brands.
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I remember getting good deals on See Kai Run for Jackson for awhile - through their site I think.

I've also gotten good deals on converse shoes through piperlime.  Sears, too, I think.

Both of my kids tend to have several pairs of shoes, so I think I'm no help.  Generally I buy them on sale and for a good price, but I just buy as they come up or as needed.  No real site/brand that I am loyal to - it just depends on what we need at the time.

OH!  And endless.com (owned by amazon) - I've gotten lots of Jackson's tennis shoes there (like adidas brand or nike) because they will occasionally have great deals and are on ebates.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have purchased all shoes for Sam at either consignment sales, or garage sales.  Some have hardly been worn.
  • I mainly buy Ellie shoes at consignment/etc. sales also.  I've gotten a few new pairs for her at Kohl's though--the Jumping Beans brand.  They have softer soles, which I like, and she can put them on herself. 
  • Thanks Brenda. I feel like anytime I check babysteals they either don't have cute boy shoes or they are sold out and I'm too late!!!

I'll check some of these and keep my eye out!

• imagegv5499:
    we have had really good luck at the Bass Shoe outlet in Edinburgh. We got really cute boots for Preslee there for $5/pair! You might also check the Marshalls on Michigan Road (just north of 465). Everytime I am in there, they have tons of cute boys shoes. Mostly StrideRite, and other name brands.

ah thanks, I can walk here from my house :-) I've never looked for shoes there.

• imageKarlaRN:
    I have purchased all shoes for Sam at either consignment sales, or garage sales.  Some have hardly been worn.

I keep forgetting this option, even though you've told me like 8 times :)  I don't' know if he can make it to the spring sales before he needs a pair, but I'll have to buy ahead when we go!

• I have gotten great deals at the Stride Rite outlet stores, check out outletbound.com for locations.  I've been to the ones in Orlando, Jeffersonville, OH, and there might be one at the outlets near Bloomington, IN. 

I also bought Robeez (both the soft kind and the mini shoes and tredz version, which have soles) from ebay, believe it or not, and gotten great deals.  Amazon.com also has some great SR, SKR, R, and other great deals sometimes, but it's hit or miss. 

My newest obsession is Adidas running shoes for J.  They are just about the best (softest, most flexible) running shoes for boys I've seen.  Oh, and I love the new balance.  Their official website has some great clearance deals a few times a year.

GL!  Once he starts playing outside more this summer, you will need a few more pair, for sure.  And you're right, it's so easy to buy more once you know little brother will get to use them, too!

• Oh, and this is random, but I bought some wellie-type rainboots last summer on a whim (because they were adorable) and we have used them quite a bit!  They're great when it's rainy/muddy, and J can put them on himself.  We got them at target, the frog ones, but they have the fireman ones right now in stores.  Very practical.  J wore them fishing and stepped in mud up over his ankles and it was no sweat, we just hosed them off.  If it had been his tennis shoes, I would have FLIPPED OUT.
  • Oh, and this is random, but I bought some wellie-type rainboots last summer on a whim (because they were adorable) and we have used them quite a bit!  They're great when it's rainy/muddy, and J can put them on himself.  We got them at target, the frog ones, but they have the fireman ones right now in stores.  Very practical.  J wore them fishing and stepped in mud up over his ankles and it was no sweat, we just hosed them off.  If it had been his tennis shoes, I would have FLIPPED OUT.

ETA:  When we wear the rainboots, I also slip some soft-soled Robeez type shoes in the diaper bag in case he wants to take them off once we get where we are going and are going to be inside.

• imageBrendaK:

I've been buying them either at Target (basic black/brown shoes), or when babysteals has them (I bought a pair of brown Stride Rites for ~$15 and she wears them almost every day), or when Gymboree has a really good sale/coupon (as long as they'll match more than one outfit).

Also, abbyslane always has a good clearance section of Pedipeds for about half off. If you sign up for their newsletter, they'll send you a discount code every month, plus they always offer free shipping.

A lot of the discount sites (zulily, trendy tots, etc) seem to have shoes often, but they never seem like that great of deals and they aren't super-recognizable brands (like, I'll pay more for Stride Rite or Pediped, but I won't pay more for some brand I've never heard of).

thanks for the info!

• I get L's shoes at journey's kids store/online. They usually have a decent clearance section and she loves them and well her sparkly chucks and puma's are adorable!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageamstep:
    Oh, and this is random, but I bought some wellie-type rainboots last summer on a whim (because they were adorable) and we have used them quite a bit!  They're great when it's rainy/muddy, and J can put them on himself.  We got them at target, the frog ones, but they have the fireman ones right now in stores.  Very practical.  J wore them fishing and stepped in mud up over his ankles and it was no sweat, we just hosed them off.  If it had been his tennis shoes, I would have FLIPPED OUT.

I see those frog boots all over the place and the moms say the same thing... the kids love them because they can put them on themselves.  Jake loves to put them on and wear them around the house.

I got a good deal on Stride Rite at the outlet mall.  They also have a coupon they sent me last night if you want to buy from the store directly. I've been buying shoes for L at garage sales on the cheap figuring if they don't work out, I'll resell them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"