Indiana Babies

Need some meal ideas

I'm bored with our usual stuff. Any ideas for easy (or close to easy, lol) dinner meals?

Re: Need some meal ideas

• I found a chicken recipe on the back of a left over can of french's fried onions from Thanksgiving. I substituted boneless pork loin chops for the chicken because it was what I had in the fridge...it was good served with a salad and baked sweet potato.
    Photobucket
  • I did a pesto chicken in the crockpot the other night that was super easy and turned out great.  

I did 3 chicken breasts, cut slits in the top of each, put a little prepared pesto in them, and then smothered the tops with pesto.  Crockpot on low for 6 hours and done.  Delish. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Pork tacos! 

put the following in the crockpot:

3.5-4 lb pork shoulder

3 tbsp each of: unsweetened cocoa, chili powder, oregano

24 oz salsa

---

cook on low for 8 hrs (add water or more salsa if cooking longer)

take out the shoulder, shred with 2 forks, serve with white rice and/or flour tortillas, sour cream, splash of lime.

so good!

Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Most of the freezer meals we make are listed on the discussion page of the facebook site.  Most of them are super easy!

• imagemrs.melluvslogan:

Most of the freezer meals we make are listed on the discussion page of the facebook site.  Most of them are super easy!

oh thanks! I forgot about this.

• imagemrs.melluvslogan:

Most of the freezer meals we make are listed on the discussion page of the facebook site.  Most of them are super easy!

Ok, am I missing something? Is there another facebook page for us besides the Indiana Babies group? I went on that one and checked the discussions page and it didn't have anything about freezer meals.

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Baked Rigatoni with Ricotta and Collard Greens

This is something really different that we have been LOVING.  It isn't light, but there are greens in it, so I like to pretend that it's healthy :)

Some other fairly simple dishes that are a little different:  Crustless quiche, stuffed zucchinnis, & Stromboli (sandwiches).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"