Blended Families
Options

Coming out of lurkdom..

Hello Ladies,

I decided it was probably due time to come out of lurkdom.  My name is Summer and I am a mom to two boys ages 12 and 9.  I have full custody of the boys.  I am recently engaged to a wonderful man that is currently a private contractor overseas in Afghanistan.

A little backstory..I was married for 10 years previously.  He started to have mental illness problems about year 8 and became pretty much completely psychotic at the end before I took the kids and left.  I currently have a restraining order that is good for a couple more years and he doesn't have contact with the boys.  He is allowed to write to them and send the letters to my lawyers office if he chooses to, but he has done that a total of three times in the past couple of years.  He was in prison for those two years for breaking into my apartment and stealing a bunch of stuff and making threating and harrassing phone calls.  There is so much I could add here, but it kind of sounds like a crazy soap opera.  Currently the DB is on parole in Alaska where he grew up.  Thankfully they have started to make him pay child support.  I hope he stays there.

I feel truely blessed to have gotten a chance at a wonderful relationship with my fiance.  The boys seem to really like him and look up to him as well.  This year has been somewhat of a challenge with him being gone from August until this coming August, but we will come out better off in the end.  He did get to come home for 3 weeks over Christmas and that was absolutely wonderful.

My fiance and I do want a child or two together.  He doesn't have any kids, but wants them.  It'll be interesting starting over with little babies again, but should be a fun adventure.  I'm hoping smooth sailing there.  I didn't have problems having children before, but that was a decade ago.  I guess we'll find out.

Well, I guess if you have questions I'll do my best to answer them, but that's me in a nutshell.  I hope to be seeing you on the board!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Coming out of lurkdom..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"