Parenting

Too old for Jon-Jon's?

DS will be 3y/o this Easter. I admit, I'm a little old fashioned and love little smocked dresses for girls and Jon-Jon's for boys. I've started looking around but am I wondering, do you think at 3 y/o that DS will be too old for Jon-Jon's? All the pictures/models are much younger boys.

And yes, I know that not everyone is a fan of Jon-Jon's, but I love them. I may even make the kids Easter outfits this year. I can sew, but this will be my first attempt at smocking.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45

Re: Too old for Jon-Jon's?

• oh man 3 is WAY too old IMO.  I'd say 12 mos, tops.  My son is 4 but I think kids would have been laughing at him in JJ's last year.  Or maybe just the parents ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • IMO yes!  At the very latest they can wear them is 12 months.

Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think an eton suit would be more appropriate.  I am definitely a jon jon fan, but I think three is really too old.  My son will be two in march, and I think he's nearing the time where I won't be able to put him in jon jons without him looking ridiculous.  I think the cutoff depends on the child (ie how tall/big he is.)  I would definitely say three is too old, though.  Hope that helps.   I wish I could sew!   Let us see the finished product if you do decide to make their outfits.  =) 
  • I think once kids are PT'd it's too old, just because it'd be difficult for them to get the jon jons on and off.

I like the suggestion of an eton suit, though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageeclaires:

I think once kids are PT'd it's too old, just because it'd be difficult for them to get the jon jons on and off.

I like the suggestion of an eton suit, though.

He's not PT'd and his 2T pants are still too big on him! LOL He's tiny.

I do like the suggestion of the Eton suit though. And even though I am a fairly good sewer, seamstress I am not, so I may just end up buying one.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • could someone please PIP an "elton suit"? I tried googling it and got a suit worn by Elton John and some Elton John wigs and glasses. Also, past 18 months, I think jon-jon's look goofy.
    Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I think 3 is too old although DS1 did wear one for pics (for Grammie) at age three. However, I'd increase the nest declared age to 2 years.    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG, the Jon-Jon's and eton suits are KILLING me!  I need a nephew to buy these things for fast!

I think for a 3y/o I'd go with the eton suit.  So adorable!

• LOL! DUH. I think I win for the most brain-dead comment today;) I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working when I googled it. Elton suits? Not so cute. Eton suits are considerably cuter.
    Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I dont think he is too old for a jon jon. My oldest son wore them up until the summer before his 4th birthday and after that it was eton suits. I did avoid anything with really babyish smocking, but he still wears smocked turtlenecks and my little baby boy (18 mos) still wears bubbles to church. Then again, I am southern and it is not uncommon to see boys wearing longalls until they are 5 or 6 (I think that is a little old). They are only little once and it is so refreshing and sweet to see a little boy dressed like a little boy!
  • DH gave me a big hell no after 1. I agree I can not stand to see boys over the age of 1 in smocked anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"