Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Clueless: When do babies typically reach 35 lbs.?

a year? two years?

I am truly clueless.

My 6.5 month old weighs 21 pounds and I will be needing a double stroller when he turns 1. One option that I am considering has a weight limit for the extra seat of 35 pounds and I am wondering whether this is too low?

tia

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Clueless: When do babies typically reach 35 lbs.?

• I am sure it's different for everyone but I was 90 lbs in high school so my daughter will probably  be 6 yrs old when she hits 35lbs lol. She is 17 lbs at 9 months now. I doubt she will be 20 lbs at the 1 yr mark
  • I am not help but my DD is 10 months and 24 lbs. lol.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I weighed 60-65lbs in Kindergarten (6 yrs old).  I would imagine every kid is different though!
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• My 3.5 year old weighs 32lbs, and he is in the 50%tile for his wieght.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A lot of my kindergarteners are in the 40-50 lb. range.  That probably doesn't help much, but I'm guessing it's going to take my DD until about 3 years old to hit that 35 lb. mark.  In my observations of my students, it usually seems that they are the same inches as pounds.  It's not always true, but most of my students over the years have been as an example, 42 inches & 42 lbs. or very close.  I don't know if younger ones fit the pattern, though!  Sorry, I probably didn't help much!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think usually around age 3 or so.  Some sooner and some later obviously - but I think that is about average.
  • My DD will be 3 in May and she weighs 28 lbs, up from almost 27 at her 2 year appt. After a year they really slow down with the weight gain, and it averages about 1-2 lbs a year. At that rate my DD will be about 6 when she weighs 35 lbs. Of course, there could be a massive growth spurt in there.
  • i would say around 3-4. My DD is 2.5 and she weighs 29 lbs.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My three-year-old weighs about 30 pounds. 

She's a skinny-minnie, though, and I would imagine that she'll be under 35 pounds for awhile. Growth really slows down after the first year, and even more after age two.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Totally depends.

My DD was on the big size of the charts for her first year and then just got tall and skinny.  I think she may have actually reached 35 lbs. by now (she's almost 5).

My DS is also at the top of the charts, but he hasn't started to lean out yet (like she did after 6 months).  I think he will be bigger based on some of the builds of the men in our family.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • DS will be 3 in April and he's probably 30-ish pounds (he was like 24 lbs and 75th percentile at age 1).  He's in the 25th percentile now. I think it could happen between ages 2-5, depending on the kid.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My 6 yo weighs 38 pounds.  He is very tall, but thin.  He reached 35 pounds by the time he was 4.

My 4 yo weighs 40 pounds.  He's tall but stout - lots of muscle, takes after my side of the family.  He reached 35 pounds by the time he was 3.  He grew a lot this last year.  He's only half an inch shorter then his big brother.

I don't know when Z will reach 35 pounds, he hasn't even reached 20 yet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • my 3yo is 30 lbs and 50th %ile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"