Cincinnati Babies

Donating a pack n play?

We've got an extra PnP, missing the bar for the bassinette. Any idea where I could donate it? Would a daycare accept something like that?

Re: Donating a pack n play?

• I would think you could donate it to a charitable organization such as Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul.

I am not sure what sort of safety rules exist for daycares regarding their equipment but I would *imagine* they need to be able to show the history of their equipment or at least have the owner's manuals and whatnot in the event of recalls and inspections. (At least if I were a parent using a daycare I would hope they are required to have these things. And, for some reason, as a parent I wouldn't want my daycare using donated, secondhand equipment, even if it is in almost new condition. kwim?) So I am not sure they would take donated items.

But I am just speculating so it's certainly worth a call to a few daycares to find out. I would be interested to hear what they say. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think you'd have better luck with Goodwill or SVdP, as the pp said. I don't think daycares accept secondhand equipment unless you are talking about an in-home daycare.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It occurred to me you might be able to donate it to a church to use in their nursery during services. Might be worth looking into.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I was going to suggest a church too.  At least at mine, the cribs and such were pretty old (and I'm sure recalled at some point), but they didn't have the money to replace them and the babies were never left alone in them.  But I bet a church would welcome a donation, either to use themselves or perhaps they know a family in need that would welcome it.
  • New Hope Center will take any and all gently used baby gear. I know I really talk up New Hope Center on here a lot but it is a really great organization that helps so many vulnerable girls and women. Feel free to PM if you have any questions about doing a tax-deductible donation to New Hope :-)

www.newhopecenter.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"