Military Families

Ft Rucker OBs?

We're PCSing to Ft. Rucker soon....has anyone delivered there? Are there OBs at the MTF, or are you seen by a civilian? I tried to google and didn't find much.

TIA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ft Rucker OBs?

• No OB's at the MTF, you will be referred off post. You have the option of going to Enterprise Hospital, but it is small and does not have the large birthing rooms that you stay in the whole time, you will move rooms once you deliver. In Dothan, 30-40 mins south, you have Southeastern Medical and Flowers, both are nice, recently re-done large rooms with private baths. I delivered at Southeastern and loved it, my OB was Dr. Kenneth Farmer with Women's Medical Center, although with my pregnancy I saw them all at different times, and never had a complaint about any of the doctors in their practice. I had a few friends that delivered in Enterprise and had nothing but problems.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Awesome -- thanks for the info!

We're actually pretty familiar with the area since DH went through training there several years back. We're planning on renting in Dothan (no desire to live in Enterprise again!), so I'll definitely check out Women's Medical Center. Does that practice deliver at both Dothan hospitals or just Southeastern?

Do you happen to know if there are any practicing midwives in Dothan? I'm currently seen at a large practice that has OBs and midwives, and I would LOVE to find something similar.

Thanks again!

• Loading the player...
  • Womens Medical Center only covers at Southeastern now, they used to do both. And I'm not sure about the midwives, I'm pretty sure WMC doesn't have any, but I'm just guessing, I would give them a call and ask and if not ask if they know of any offices that do. There's another large OB practice in Dothan that are out of Flowers, Womens Healthcare, I think, that you might check.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Unfortunately I am not pregnant and we just PCS'd here in November, but from what I have heard from other moms I have talked who delivered here reviews were better for Flowers, also one of the women was saying that midwives are not allowed to deliver in Alabama. I have no corroboration for that last part, just what I heard.
    imageimage
  • I actually worked at all three hospitals (as an RN) and chose to deliver at Flowers. Enterprise was not even a possibility and SAMC was a little too far away from our house for my comfort. I can highly recommend Women's Healthcare of Dothan or Cleveland & Gilchrist. 
  • I delivered my son at Southeast Alabama Medical Center and can not say enough awesome things about them! The rooms were super nice and BIG and all the nurses were awesome! All the rooms have big jacuzzi tubs in them! I am EXTREMELY picky and we chose Dothan OBGYN. Dr. Middleton was by FAR the best OB I have ever had or met. He made the delivery go so smooth and was very open minded to anything I wanted. Love him! 

Dothan pediatrics is the best too... loved every Dr. there! 

• Also, I started at Women's healthcare of Dothan and HATED it! 
  • I am at Rucker now and I have three friends who delivered at Flowers and LOVED the experience. One delivered at Enterprise and had a positive experience, but from what I can tell many chose to go through Flowers and I know if I get pregnant while here I will choose a doctor from Dothan.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"