Military Families

Fort Drum

Hi, I'm new to TheBump and was wondering if there were any women living at or around Fort Drum, NY. My husband and I are both originally from Texas, but because he is active duty Infantry, we were sent here. We are currently trying to conceive before he deploys in March. So, any Fort Drum wifes or girlfriends?!?

Re: Fort Drum

• We moved away this past summer but just wanted to say that you must really be enjoying the weather about now!!
  • Hey! I'm at Fort Drum.

Loving this weather? lol

Are you living on post or off? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! We're from Texas originally as well! Adjusting to this weather is hard sometimes, but it's fun too. Welcome to the North Country :)

BFP 02/2010 m/c 03/17/2010 dx PCOS 04/2010
    BFP 08/13/2011 CP 08/15/2011
    BFP 09/16/2011 EDD 05/20/2012
    Claire Elizabeth, born 5/30 via a med free birth Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right off post in Black River...and no lol, this weather hasn't quite grown on me yet haha.
  • welcome- this is my 4th winter here. It is actually a quite mild winter which is great. Here is some info about the area that I can think of off hand.

Dry Hill- sledding.

Burrville- right outside route 12- from sept to nov great cider mill- awesome apple cider donuts.

Sackets Harbor- cute shops, Tin Pan Galley- awesome food esp breakfast, Goodfellos pizza, and the boathouse restaurant.

Taste of watertown at the dulles building in town( usually late winter).

Clayton- Clipper Inn- good restaurant- need reservations for

Alex Bay- Bolt Castle, also a great chocolate shop- awesome chocolate mousse cups.Don't know the name- kinda down an alley way near the riverboat restaurant. There is a path down there.

Restaurants in watertown that are good- cavallrios, sboro's,fairgound inn.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Sackets Harbor. It's so much fun to spend a girls' day/night out there.

Good luck adjusting to the cold! I'm still struggling with it! haha

And also, there are more people from Ft. Drum (on TB) than I originally thought.

• imageeskamo:

I love Sackets Harbor. It's so much fun to spend a girls' day/night out there.

Good luck adjusting to the cold! I'm still struggling with it! haha

And also, there are more people from Ft. Drum (on TB) than I originally thought.

Same here! We should do a get-together! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Also from Ft Drum here!  Im actually from the Area, been here all my life!  My hubby returns when yours in leaving looks like.  If you have any questions feel free to ask away!! 

You can also look me up on facebook: Rebecca Hughes

• Hi and welcome to lovely and snowy NY. I am about an hour and a half away but I'm up there occasionally.
    Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also at Fort Drum! This snow sucks! I second a get together!
  • Yes! We should arrange a g2g! That would be fun :)

• I didn't know that there'd be so many Ft. Drum residents on here! Getting together one day would be great! Thanks for all the encouragement and tips on things to do in the area ladies. Ya'll are awesome!
  • Since a lot of people seem up for a g2g, let's plan one! What is a good time for y'all to meet up? Do you live on or off post? Where would you prefer to g2g?

• My husband deployed in November so I went home(Colorado) to have our baby. I wont be back for another month. I live on post though.
  • Anytime during the week and daytime. I live on post. Would Panera be a good meeting place? Maybe for brunch at like 1030?
  • imagearmyEODwifey:
    Anytime during the week and daytime. I live on post. Would Panera be a good meeting place? Maybe for brunch at like 1030?

That sounds good! I can do any day except Wed and Fri.

Where on post do you live? We are in monument ridge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"