Military Families

Any Barksdale AFB ladies out there?

Hi everyone, I'm just curious if there are any other ladies on here from Barksdale AFB in Louisiana.  Or even any that have been stationed here before.  DH has been here for almost two years, I'm going on 7 months.

Re: Any Barksdale AFB ladies out there?

• We left there a couple of years ago... MH was stationed there for over 7 years, I lived there off and on for a little over a year (I was in school in another state).

There were some good things about Barksdale, but I was SOOO happy when we finally got orders to leave! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My hubs is stationed here as well. It'll be 2 years in August for us, and i'm 14 wks along. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMorrison1213:
    My hubs is stationed here as well. It'll be 2 years in August for us, and i'm 14 wks along. :)

Hi, What are the odds ... It looks like we have the SAME due date.

Are you living on base?  We aren't, but I'm trying to talk DH into sweet talking our landlady into letting us out of our lease early and moving on base.  His major concern is that most of the housing is SUCH A DRIVE!  Right now we live under 2 miles from base and he likes that commute. 

ETA: you should come on over to the July 2011 board, I think I'm the only LA lady there right now.

• imageJessC28:

We left there a couple of years ago... MH was stationed there for over 7 years, I lived there off and on for a little over a year (I was in school in another state).

There were some good things about Barksdale, but I was SOOO happy when we finally got orders to leave! 

I'm not going to lie, I don't think I want to handle 7 years here.  I grew up in the Midwest so moving here was a bit of culture shock.  It probably didn't help that it was in JUNE.  I'm enjoying the warmer winters, but so far, that's about it.

• imagePooka8:
    imageJessC28:

We left there a couple of years ago... MH was stationed there for over 7 years, I lived there off and on for a little over a year (I was in school in another state).

I'm not going to lie, I don't think I want to handle 7 years here.  I grew up in the Midwest so moving here was a bit of culture shock.  It probably didn't help that it was in JUNE.  I'm enjoying the warmer winters, but so far, that's about it.

Haha, yeah, I grew up in Iowa and it was a culture shock! My H lived near Centenary College for a very brief time before I moved down there... wow. One morning we watched a SWAT team bust a crack-dealing ice cream truck. I did love the Boardwalk area though, and we still have several good friends there. H was going to leave the AF if he couldn't get orders out of there.

• imageJessC28:
    imagePooka8:
    imageJessC28:

Haha, yeah, I grew up in Iowa and it was a culture shock! My H lived near Centenary College for a very brief time before I moved down there... wow. One morning we watched a SWAT team bust a crack-dealing ice cream truck. I did love the Boardwalk area though, and we still have several good friends there. H was going to leave the AF if he couldn't get orders out of there.

Considering this is base is DH's only AF experience other than basic and tech school (in Biloxi, MS...so not really any better).  I doubt he'll stay in unless they offer a great base  or something. 

• imagePooka8:
    imageJessC28:
    imagePooka8:
    imageJessC28:

Considering this is base is DH's only AF experience other than basic and tech school (in Biloxi, MS...so not really any better).  I doubt he'll stay in unless they offer a great base  or something. 

I know it doesn't always work/ won't work for everyone, but H went to his first shirt and outbound and told them he intended to not re-up if he did not get orders. Less than a week later, he had orders cut for England. 

• imageJessC28:
    imagePooka8:
    imageJessC28:
    imagePooka8:
    imageJessC28:

I know it doesn't always work/ won't work for everyone, but H went to his first shirt and outbound and told them he intended to not re-up if he did not get orders. Less than a week later, he had orders cut for England. 

Good to know... unfortunately, he has almost a year before has to re-up (or choose not to).  Thanks for the info.

• I'm due on July 16th, what about you?

We are living on base. I love it out here - mainly cause of the security & it's so quiet. But the drive is a PAIN, lol.

• imageMorrison1213:

I'm due on July 16th, what about you?

We are living on base. I love it out here - mainly cause of the security & it's so quiet. But the drive is a PAIN, lol.

Same due date :D 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"