Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Do you remember preschool?

Just for fun.. do you guys remember going to preschool (if you did)?

I definitely remember some of it.  Our preschool was by the beach, I vaguely remember what it was like inside, I remember Santa coming to visit and some little boy asking why we didn't hear the reindeer on the roof, and I remember our little school bus taking us on a trip to the bus and the window getting broken when we went through the entrance gate.  

Random little snippets, but I remember little bits here and there!

Re: Do you remember preschool?

• Options
    I'm the same way,  I have vague memories and little snippets but they are definitely there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have some vague memories. I remember playing on a bridge on the playground, and I can visualize what the classroom looked like.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Fun question! 

Barely. I went to a Montessori preschool and I specifically remember the day that I *got* the routine and how our days went. And I remember getting ready for school, and the drive there. And the wood paneling. Tiny snippets, but I remember.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't go .  I have vague memories of playdates and playing with the kids of moms in my mom's aerobics class.  
  • Options
    #6#6 member

I have more memories from preschool than I do from yesterday.  Strange but true. 

I remember my navy blue mary janes with holes on the tops of the toes (I use to poke my pencil in the holes) , favorite dress, boy friend, field trip, lunch box, going to the park near by, my mom taking me, my baby sitter picking me up, graduation, kissing my bf under the table at graduation,  being humpty dumpty at our play, and several other little things.  

I also remember a lot from church from around that age.   

• Options
    i didn't have preschool---in the late 70's it wasn't really a thing that existed much less was a norm to attend.    i think in larger cities maybe--i remember going to a daycare that had instruction type stuff when i was maybe 3, but after that there was nothing until kindergarten
  • Options
    Nope not at all.  I don't even have those snip it memories.  It's kind of sad.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never attended preschool. I went straight to kindergarten at age five-going-on-six. Preschool wasn't as much of a prerequisite in the small town I grew up in.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

Yes.  I went 2 years.  First year I was in a church one.  I remember the linoleum floor and the flourescent lights of the room, and that my teacher was a "larger lady".  I remember playing the hokey pokey and other songs.  Second one was a private in-home preschool in a lady's house.  I remember she had a lot of fun toys and we did things like make play doh and made cookies. 

Having such strong/fond memories of preschool is why I insisted our DD go two years for preschool too.  She's loving it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    I do!  I went to a Montessori Preschool for 2 years and loved it.  My mom was a teacher back then and I went half days but my mom couldn't pick me up at the normal end time so everyday after all the other kids left which was after lunch time, I got to hang out in the office with the teachers and I loved that.  After school, my mom took me to the sitters which was this older couple that lived not far from our house and they had a small apple orchard and I used to get to ride around on the tractor with the husband and the wife always watched As The World Turns.  Years later, I met one of the kids that I went to preschool with and it was a blast comparing our school picture with us a teens (we were in HS when we re-met).
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

I really dont think that preschool existed when I was in that age group. lol I do remember some things from Kindergarten though.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't go to preschool. But I went to a babysitter and I remember her. I remember her youngest son - he was my first crush! An older man... he was a 4th grader! And looking back, he was really really patient to put up with a baby following him around everywhere. His next older sister was "mean" because she wouldn't play with me. But the oldest sister seemed like a beautiful angel - probably because she wasn't there much, she must have been 17 or 18, but when she was there she swept me up and played with me and I thought she was the most beautiful person in the world. I wanted to marry Steven so she could be my family.
    - Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"