Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

NTR-will drinking non-set jello make me feel full?

I had my tonsils out last week and am still really hurting.  Anything but ice chips kills me to swallow, but I am HUNGRY and my sugar is low.  Do you think if I drank un-set jello I would feel full?  I'm getting kind of desperate and otterpops are starting to make me nauseated.  Sad
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NTR-will drinking non-set jello make me feel full?

• Options

i doubt it. if you eat it before the gelatin has a chance to solidify it, you're basically just drinking it which means it will pass through your system like juice.

what about sipping something like chicken broth? it will have a bit of fat in it and might make your stomach feel more full.  

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    imagelisswastaken:

i doubt it. if you eat it before the gelatin has a chance to solidify it, you're basically just drinking it which means it will pass through your system like juice.

what about sipping something like chicken broth? it will have a bit of fat in it and might make your stomach feel more full.  

I tried that-the salt in it burns like a mo-fo.  Had me in tears.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jell-o does have protein in it so maybe?
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the unset jello....have you tried a thin milkshake?  I had my tonsils out a couple years ago and I lived on popsicles, fudge bars and thin milkshakes.  The milkshakes really made me feel full.  Even now if I drink a glass of milk I feel full for a little while.  Hope you start feeling better soon.
  • Options
    What about ice cream with carnation instant breakfast mixed in?
  • Options
    You should drink something like Ensure. those will fill you right up 

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    Ensure shakes or milk work.
  • Options
    plain or vanilla yogurt, banana, ground flax seed and ice chips.  grind it all up in the mixer and drink up.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    My mom used to give us unset Jello when we were kids if we were sick and couldn't eat much. I don't remember if it filled me up, but I loved it!

• Options
    I've been eating milkshakes.  I can get about 2 "bites" in before it hurts too much.  Same with Slim Fast.  I ate some jello earlier that made me feel a bit better, but DH thoughtfully finished it without making more.  Guess I'll go back to the freezer for milkshake again.  
  • Options

Apple sauce

V8 Juice?

Mom to 4 boys under age 6 Evan, Darren, Liam & Isaac
  • Options

imagemonlyn9:
    My mom used to give us unset Jello when we were kids if we were sick and couldn't eat much. I don't remember if it filled me up, but I loved it!

This for me, too.  Drinking jello was always so yummy! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Applesauce? 
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"