Cincinnati Babies

How to dress a late spring/summer newborn?

After our u/s on Tuesday I want to go to BRU and get some clothes. They are having a sale on any clearance clothes you can fit into the tote they give you. Just not sure what kinds of clothing I should be getting.

C was a December baby so all I know is bundling up a newborn as much as possible to keep them warm in the winter.  This baby will be early May and I have no idea how to dress a baby at that time of year.  Do they wear shorts and short sleeve onesies?  Or do they still need to wear pants and long sleeve sleepers? For those of you that have spring/summer babies, please tell me what you dress(ed) them in for outings as well as for night time. tia!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How to dress a late spring/summer newborn?

• Leah was born in early May. When we brought her home, I remember wearing yoga pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt. It was usually in the 60s most days, and as we got closer to the end of the May, it was more 70s.

So, most days we put her in a cotton sleeper with feet on it. Sometimes we'd put her in cotton onesies with cotton pants and socks. She slept in a onesie with socks and a sleep sack. Anything fleece will be too hot for the end of April/early May, but it will still be too cold for just a onesie and shorts. I'd go with everything cotton and until it hits the high 70s/80s, avoid anything that doesn't have pants. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Those three piece outfits are good for spring since they have little jackets and pants that you can take off as needed. I found with my girls, that they were comfortable in onesie type dresses and shorts. I think the general rule of thumb for warm months is to dress them according to your comfort level.
    ~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Audrey wore a lot of cotton sleepers or onesies with cotton pants and socks.
  • Eli was May 3rd.  We bought the NB stuff in long sleeves/pants as May can still be cool.  All the 0-3 stuff was summer.  AND don't forget you still need long sleeves and pants for indoor use if you have A/C.  Naptime was in the cotton footed sleepers (come to think of it, on maternity leave he wore them quite a bit inside where it was cooler due to the A/C). 
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"