Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

? Baby Bottles, Dishwasher, and Melted Plastic...help please

DH never loads the dishes right. Last night, he put the top to our salad dressing mixer in the dishwasher and it fell onto the heating element.

EVERY.SINGLE.BABY BOTTLE. was in there, and they stink. What's the best course of action for getting them clean? Should I boil them, or soak them in hot soapy water, or should I just sit them out on the counter and see if they air out & then rewash? 

I have 2 packs of brand new nipples, so if need be I can toss the ones that were in there.

Re: ? Baby Bottles, Dishwasher, and Melted Plastic...help please

• Options
    Try soaking in some warm water with either vinegar or baking soda? Or for a fun time, soak with both! Wink

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• Options
    I would let them air out and then maybe rewash in the dishwasher (if it's been cleaned out).  Boiling would probably do the trick too.  Experiment with boiling one and see what happens.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This happened to us a few weeks ago.  We aired out the dishwasher, then handwashed all the bottles a couple of times with vinegar and water and let them air dry on the counter. 

Worked like a charm.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I went ahead before I had an answer and boiled them. Now they're soaking in hot soapy water. After that I will air dry and see if they smell better.

Do you think the nipples will be okay?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"