Pre-School and Daycare
Options

4 or 5 day preschools?

DD goes to preschool 3x a week, 9-12.  She loves it, and I feel like we go nuts on the days she does not have school.  We have playdates but usually run chores and stuff. 

Today some moms at the preschool were talking about a 5 day program, but that it was expensive.  DD turns 4 in march and I feel like she would love more time in school (I also asked her if she wanted to go to school more, and she said yes).  I think she really needs the stimulation (interaction with others, and learning stuff).

They not only have 3-4-or 5 day programs, but extended days, 8-1.

Do any of you have kids in more days of preschool/extended days?  Do you think it is worth the extra money?  And any ballpark of how much more?  I pay about $275 a month for MWF 9-12.

Re: 4 or 5 day preschools?

• Options
    I just wanted to say 275 is great for what you are getting.  I am just looking into preschool costs, and I noticing average of 390 for those hours...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We've got registration starting next week and I'm torn on this. 

Right now it looks like we'll be able to choose between two or four days. Both of the locations we're considering (different preschools in the same school district, so same cost/curriculum) have no PT preschool classes on Mondays, so no five-day.

One of them hasn't finalized the schedule for fall and *may* have a three-day option. per their director on my tour this week. :) This is what I'd prefer. Their PT day is a 2.5 hour session, or one of them has the option of either a three-hour or a 2.5 hour. DD1 already does a 90 minute toddler class twice a week -- I feel like two days of preschool at 2.5 hours might be too little.

Four seems like too much in our case, since she's just starting -- however, if she ends up getting speech or other services from the district (we're having various evaluations done), they want her there four days a week. 

Our costs will range between $144 for two 2.5-hour days, to $288 if we do four days with a 3-hour session. They have full-day preschool as well (which we're not interested in), and that's about $700 a month. 

If your DD is enthusiastic and you can afford it, I'd jump on adding another day! 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work full time as does my DH so my kids have been in FT care since they were infants.  My daycare center does have a preschool program but I moved my older DD to the public schools Pre-K program this fall and love it.  She is there from around 7 to 4:30 5 days a week.  The base class is from around 9:30-4 which is the same hours as k-5 school.  The kids have breakfast from 8:30 to 9 and then get ready for the day and circle time starts at 9:30.  Before that time, they have stations open and the kids play and have free time.  At 4, the kids tend to go outside or to the motor room or have open play time in the classroom.  They have quiet time from 1-3.  Its a great program and my DD loves it and has learned so much socially and educationally this year.  I pay $904 a month which includes breakfast, lunch and a snack plus a monthly field trip.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"