New Jersey Babies

Belly Bands Anyone?

I am almost 11 weeks pregnant and my pre-pregnancy clothes are starting to feel tight. I have been reading a lot about these Belly Bands and was wondering if anyone has tried them. I am a little confused about how they work, though. It seems that you leave your pants unbuttoned and the Belly Band goes over the pants. I am having a hard time believing that this band will hide the open buttons and hold up my pants at the same time. Did anyone buy any of these or know anyone who did?

Thanks so much for your help!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Belly Bands Anyone?

• Have the target brand and love it.  Also helps keep maternity pants up now.  But you can not really wear something tight/sheer over it or you see the band/open pants.   Wearing with sweaters worked for me - white t-shirts looked bad.  Good luck!
  • I definitely recommend the belly band and I agree with the first person who answered - they are great under sweaters and looser clothes but don't work under anything tight.  I kept wearing some of my regular pants into my 6th month.  They are also good in the second trimester on top of the maternity pants, some of which had waists that at that point were still so loose that it always felt like my pants were falling down (ah, the joy of being pregnant - lol).  I also think Target is the way to go.  It's cheaper than Motherhood Maternity (which is where I got my other one) but it seems like higher quality and has lasted better. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure if they work for everyone, but definitely try it! I heard from lots of friends that they were great, but I hated them. It could be bc I work in retail and am constantly bending and stretching so it just rolled down all the time. I got the Motherhood Maternity one, and as others mentioned, the Target one is better so I would try that one. I found it helpful to loop a hairtie through the buttonhole and around the button to keep my pants a little more loose. Good luck!
  • I used the Bella Band and loved it!  I would leave most  pants unzipped and fold the buttons toward the inside so it was really hard to tell.  I hear that the Black ones are a lot better at hiding the pants then the white ones.  I think the key to liking the bands is to purchasing the right size.  If you buy them too tight they tend to roll up. You should def try them.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I misplaced my belly band in our recent move, and I miss it! It is a piece of stretchy material that you slip over and above pants that don't quite fit. Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I bought the Bella Band from Target and LOVE it! It has saved me from having to buy new clothes for now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"