February 2011 Moms

Officially on Maternity Leave!!!

I am so happy to be done. Yesterday I went in and sitting/standing all day made me swell up pretty bad. Plus, I cannot sleep at night. Aside from getting up to pee 4-5 times, I usually do not get comfortable until around 1am. I will be returning in May, but this is a much needed brake. Time to start organizing! On another good note, they are installing our new heater today!!
image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image

Re: Officially on Maternity Leave!!!

• Congrats!  Tomorrow is my last day!  I'm so excited to relax! 

• woohoo! This saturday is my last day, and I dont go back until may 10th  :)
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here! ?Monday was my last day...and I am on Medical leave until Feb and then I go on Mat leave until next January! Feels crazy to not work!
  • Ok I'm officially jealous of you all.  I was planning on working right up until LO decides he wants to come out.  

I've been toying with the idea of telling my boss that I'd like to work from home that last week but we'll see how I'm feeling next week.  Today is my doc appointment so we'll see if I'm any further dilated than last week and assess the situation.

Good luck and enjoy your time off ladies!! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • My last day is tomorrow too and I'm glad I'm not the only February 14th due date that's taking off early!  I have been sick for the last month now and am definitely in need of a break before baby!  Still, aside from vegging out on my couch, I don't know how I'll spend all my free time...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Tomorrow is my last day and I can't wait!  Although I know I'm going to alternate between sitting on the couch twiddling my thumbs (and catching up on tv) and maniacally cleaning/organizing/cooking.  But naps!  We'll get to take naps!! 
  • My doc approved for me to take off early starting Jan 4th because I wasn't able to eat and rest enough working. Plus we had a few scares with fetal growth being below average. Anyway, I have really enjoyed having some time to get things done. Plus, this week I have a bad cold and work would have been killer because I can't sleep due to the coughing. Congrats on having time to yourself before baby. Naps are the BEST when you are 8-9 months preggo!!!
  • Good for you!  My last day is tomorrow and I'm excited too.  
  • Woo hoo!

I have been working from home since July so I give props to all of the mamas out there who have been working 8-5's and on their feet so late into pregnancy.

Good to hear about the water heater too! I am sure you feel relieved that is over and done with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, you get a long break - good for you!!
  • Yay congrats!!! My last day is tomorrow!!! I've joked that I am going to skip out of the building...butttt it will be more like the quickest waddle I can muster. I'm so in the same boat! I sit all day, but I've been trying to stand as much as I can - because my ribs KILL if I sit too long. And I am literally back and forth to the bathroom like you said at least 5 or so times a day. My back kills so there really is no way to be comfortable for the 9 and sometime 10 hour days my office expects. I'm sooooo relieved to be done! I'll be out on leave until August. ;)
    Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I work in retail and am on my feet pretty much 8 out of the 9 hour work day, my back is starting to kill me. I had two 12 hour days in a row doing inventory until 12:30AM, I could hardly walk when I got home my back hurt so much.

I only have 2 weeks of work left and then I am using my comp week we get then starting my maternity leave which I am taking all 12 weeks and might not be going back into retail. I want to stay at home if the financials work out if not I am just going to get an office job part time... It won't pay as much as I get now but I will enjoy it better. I am over retail!

So I just keep telling myself every day just a little bit longer then I can rest!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"