Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Pregnancy after saline sonogram?

Lurker butting in from TTCAL - I was just wondering if any of you had/are having a successful pregnancy after saline sonogram? I've tried googling it but I don't see any info whether it can impact your chances of having a successful pregnancy the same month of the procedure so I figured I'd mosey on over and ask. I have heard stories about people getting bfps the month they had HSG procedure done so I am curious. Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnancy after saline sonogram?

• Options
    Hi, there! My first pregnancy was the same cycle as we had both an HSG and saline sonogram. And while it wasn't successful ultimately, I carried until 20 weeks and those procedures did not impact the pregnancy. GL! I hope to see you joining us soon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • Options
    If you have the HSG done before you ovulate, my doctor told me there is an increased chance of getting pregnant that cycle and the two following cycles.  He would not do it during or after ovulation if I was TTC that month.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had my HSG on Day 5 of this cycle and then my IUI on day 14.  My Dr. said she was not sure if it helps any, but that "some people believe that when they push the solution through the tubes it can also force any small junk hanging out in there through making it easier for the egg to get where it needs to go".  Well, I have had a really hard time getting pregnant as you can see below, and this just happened to be the cycle.  Could be coincidence, but who knows! 

Good Luck!

Oh, and I am just too cautious to put up a ticker yet, but I am 5 weeks 1 day pregnant.

Me: 37 DH: 43 Married 9/2004 TTC since 9/2005 CP Dec 2006 MC June 2008 at 6 weeks MC April 2010 at 9 weeks 50 clomid+IUI 11/2010=BFN 50 clomid+IUI 12/2010=BFP MC Feb 2011 at 7 weeks 8/11 CD3 AFC=24,FSH=6.91,AMH=5.6,E2=47.9, TSH=1.27,8/26 12DPO BFP Alistair Charles "Charlie" was born 5/7 weighing 8lbs, 10oz and 22" was long imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I hope to come back here soon for keeps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageIzabella22:
    Thanks ladies! I hope to come back here soon for keeps!

Butting in to say that I hope you're over here soon too!  GL!

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"