Military Families

Booking Vacations (NBR)

With a nice long 96 hour liberty coming up this weekend, my husband and I are looking for a getaway that's close enough to home but still fun to explore. Neither of us have been to San Francisco so I was looking into last minute flights/hotels. Has anyone ever booked a vacation package through a third party company (i.e. Travelocity, Expedia, etc.?) If so, did you find it to be stress free, reliable...did they give you what they said you were getting?

TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
8/2012 Started seeing new RE
9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???

Re: Booking Vacations (NBR)

• We did the flight, hotel, and rental car for our honeymoon that way (I think H used Expedia) and we had no problems.  We opted to upgrade the car when we got there but it was a minimal cost increase.  Overall it ended up being cheaper if we had booked each item separately. 
  • I have used expedia several times & find it to be very easy & stress free. However our last 2 trips were booked on www.flylouisville.com ( for any destination) & I found flights to be $100 plus cheaper because when putting in your dates & destination they also give you the option @ the top to get military fare which is great. Now this is the only thing we use but I still make sure I compare each trip to expedia prices just incase.
    DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"